Tall riders unite!

• Discuss Tall riders unite! in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Well recently ive noticed how half of us are so ridiculously tall. im 6ft4 myself and it makes trying to by bike parts a nightmare. 8.25 bars just... ...
Tomsimple

Tomsimple

Member of the month
Tall riders unite! post #1
Well recently ive noticed how half of us are so ridiculously tall. im 6ft4 myself and it makes trying to by bike parts a nightmare. 8.25 bars just arent high enough and 21" frames just arent long enough. so what do you guys do to make life easier for yourselves?

i run 20mm of headset spacers a top load stem and 8.2 bars and it feels pretty good. i cant wait for the new wtp bars that are 8.7 high so that i can lose my ugly topload stem! i also run a 21" frame but soon i will be getting either a supers*** new deal frame in 21.4 or the new subrosa alameda. both frames designed to give you more room without feeling hella long. i cant wait.

so basically what hight bars do you run and what toptube on which frame? also include any helpful tips to make your bike feel better for the taller rider :)

get posting lads and lasses (i know theres a few of you lurking)

bguminey

bguminey

Tall riders unite! post #2
macneil has the deuce deuce frame its 22inch

T

TrevorH

Tall riders unite! post #3
im around 6,0.
and im 14 so im going to be pretty damn tall later in life.

B

BMXchaduk

Tall riders unite! post #4
im 6ft.3 ride scerbos and a 21" dehart feels pretty decent
might get my self one of the subrosas have to tell me how it feels if you get one

Tomsimple

Tomsimple

Member of the month
Tall riders unite! post #5
yer man i will do. and the deuce deuce is a horrible frame it feels disgusting! yer it has a 22" top tube but it feels like it has the same length backend

L

Lay

Tall riders unite! post #6
6'1" Ride a 20.25 TT Frame. Kills my back to ride it. I have my bars very forward.Still kills my back. I have to get a new frame very soon :p.

Last edited:
Patrickk

Patrickk

Tall riders unite! post #7
i'm 5 foot 10 inches with super long legs and my 21" bama feels really nice.
i just wish i got lumberjacks instead of slams.
the width on slams is great but a bit taller and they would feel perfect.

JustinCarter

JustinCarter

Tall riders unite! post #8
Im 6 feet with a 20.85 and 1 tiny spacer with 7,25 bars. I had a 20 inch frame before and my back still didnt hurt. Weird.

stolenbmx14

stolenbmx14

Tall riders unite! post #9
i kno hazrdbmx is like 6 feet 3 inches tall thats pretty tall

A

Angry Dave

Tall riders unite! post #10
6'1"
run a 21" frame with lumberjacks and about 16-18mm of spacers. i havent seen those new wtp bars,have a link?

J

jason21218

Tall riders unite! post #11
switch to mtb.

dave dynamite

dave dynamite

Tall riders unite! post #12
doesnt fit have the lurch frame for taller riders?

Tomsimple

Tomsimple

Member of the month
Tall riders unite! post #13
JOG ON!!!

and yer fit does but again the backend is super long. to be fair a 21.4 like the new deal should be fine. even for my 37inch inside leg haha

and if you search wethepeople madmax bars you should find them. i cant wait til the are out

Im 6 feet with a 20.85 and 1 tiny spacer with 7,25 bars. I had a 20 inch frame before and my back still didnt hurt. Weird.
i envy you. my back kills if i ride bars less than 8 inches

A

AustinKO

Tall riders unite! post #14
im 6 foot 4 and im 14...

Tomsimple

Tomsimple

Member of the month
Tall riders unite! post #15
haha well ive finished growing and im 6ft4. i was like 5ft7 when i was 14

Dick Nixon

Dick Nixon

Tall riders unite! post #16
7'34

19"tt
3" rise bars
WHAT
lol

really im 6'5
21"tt
8 inch rise bars
maybe like an inch from the HT to my stem but thats because i have a gyro.
i ride a bit small, but i ride my rear wheel 15 inches out and i have 180mm cranks

At1x

At1x

Tall riders unite! post #17
I'm 15 and I'm about 6" or 6"1, I'll be a tall bastard, HI TOM

Stephen G

Stephen G

Tall riders unite! post #18
6'1"
25.5/8" bars, uncut steerer, 20.8 simple enigma frame.

Tomsimple

Tomsimple

Member of the month
Tall riders unite! post #19
dick, your far far far too old school aha. i respect you alot. and your bike looks amazing even if its nothing like i would normally like. **** running a 15inch back end though! the shorter the better haha.. and stephen i had no idea you were tall. normally tall riders looks so awquard on a bike unless it massive yet you look so natural. can i have your barspins?

McKenzie32

McKenzie32

Tall riders unite! post #20
im 6'1" and im 13 but im looking for a new bike

New Topics