Taking care of your bike

• Discuss Taking care of your bike in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Do you guys take care for your bikes... like clean it when its dirty, maintainence on parts regularly etc. Tell me some stuff you do to keep your... ...
T

Trendy

Taking care of your bike post #1
Do you guys take care for your bikes... like clean it when its dirty, maintainence on parts regularly etc.

Tell me some stuff you do to keep your bike up and running in good form.

C1in7

C1in7

Taking care of your bike post #2
grease my freecoaster, tighten my chain because it likes to magically float forward, clean my chain, tighten my spokes, stab my rear tire for being retardedly ungrippy.

skavenger256

skavenger256

Taking care of your bike post #3
Do you guys take care for your bikes... like clean it when its dirty, maintainence on parts regularly etc.
Not whatsoever.

Tell me some stuff you do to keep your bike up and running in good form.
Absolutely nothing at all, maybe change a tube if it pops. sometimes i dont even do that ill just use fix-a-flat.

tonysgt

tonysgt

Taking care of your bike post #4
Keep the chain clean and lubed,tension the spokes,and keep any unsealed bearings greased,and oil the driver pawls every now and then.
Oh and buy new parts whenever I want for no reason

Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris

Taking care of your bike post #5
Tighten anything that is loose. Pretty much it.

HazardBmxr

HazardBmxr

Taking care of your bike post #6
tighten, lube, wash a few things.

TheAzMyster

TheAzMyster

Taking care of your bike post #7
clean everything like pull it all apart and grease shit up
Except my chain f*** my chain

tighten bolts anything you can think of really

I

iGamble

Taking care of your bike post #8
I clean and check everything before each ride. Lube the chain. Make sure my tires have the right psi. Check chain tension. Make sure everything checks out. About once a month I grease the bb and head.

XiVer

XiVer

Taking care of your bike post #9
Tighten every bolt possibly especially axle nuts because it sucks when your pegs get loose when your in the middle of a good grinding session, Dont really lube chain because any jeans would turn it to sh*t if the chain is lubed but I lube all internal parts so nothing gets seazed and no squaky sounds.

Jeff_Healitt

Jeff_Healitt

Taking care of your bike post #10
Nothing really.

Pump tires.

ruzakruzak

ruzakruzak

Taking care of your bike post #11
Check tires and lube chain, not much more. I don't ride it that much anyway (I have a commuting bike and a MTB too), and never under the rain or in a particulary dusty area so...
But I'm very careful with my bikes and maintain them properly when needed. I like that...

Chaosbiker

Chaosbiker

Taking care of your bike post #12
Clean my bike, lube the chain, pump the tires and anything else that needs fixing.

Last edited:
Valvecap

Valvecap

Taking care of your bike post #13
Actually I take more care of my BMX than my regular bike.
My regular bike is like totally demolished.

Superbeast

Superbeast

Taking care of your bike post #14
Once a week i seriously take my bike entirely apart, grease everything that needs it, oil my driver, clean it. Check for cracks in anything etc.. Unless something big breaks like my forks or something, my bike isn't down for the count. Every now and then stuff just breaks an it will take a week or two to get money for parts but besides that, it always runs perfect. Its worth it to do it too. Only takes about a half hour too

00G-Thong

00G-Thong

Taking care of your bike post #15
hey ive got a question...how can i clean my 1/2 link chain real clean...and after i could lube it and not get it to sound like a brass band lol..cause all the grit when it gets lubed creeks like f***

41Connor

41Connor

Taking care of your bike post #16
Pump the tires if they feel soft.
Tighten stuff if it comes loose.
clean/lube the chain every once in a while.

In the winters i usually go over my bike and get it all ready for next year.

New Topics