Takin' it

• Discuss Takin' it in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Crashing sucks. I saw one of those shirts once and thought, "need one". The epitome' of crashing is the "over the bars" header, or face plant. That one... ...
  • Tags bike jump
T

Trimix

Takin' it post #1
Crashing sucks. I saw one of those shirts once and thought, "need one". The epitome' of crashing is the "over the bars" header, or face plant. That one bites big time. I saw the pictures of the guys hand, yech. I went over the bars onto the concrete three days ago, and it took me a day or two to recover. I hate going over the bars.... have not done that in a while. :(

E

EasternBMX

Takin' it post #2
yeah i fall all the time it sucks but i hate going over the bars

E

EPMD

Takin' it post #3
I barely go over the bars.. ive been lucky... i have only have 1 serious accident and it was when i screwed up on a 7 foot dropping in... a roller blader got in my way, my chainwheel hit the coping and i scraped my back all up, my shoulder and my face.. most of the other ones were just casing jumps and flipping over and then i would just get back on my bike and try it again :roll:

V

Vic_Vega

Takin' it post #4
I usually case or loop out if I crash....the last time I took a header was on a one-footed nosepick on a quarter. That sucked the big one.

T

Trimix

Takin' it post #5
Case? Loop out? Explain.....

P

Platypus

Takin' it post #6
case it comes from motocross terminology meaning to plant the case of your motor right on the apex of the landing side of a jump such as a double. so casing it on a bmx bike should actually be called bottome bracketing :p....loop it means to flip over backwards like while trying to wheelie.

fenixbykeco

fenixbykeco

Takin' it post #7
I've been crashing lately on tabletops. I was at a racetrack once that had asphalt berms. I did a tabletop but leaned with it too much and got demolished by the berm. I crashed pretty hard on a wooden rail the other day ago also.

Crashing is necessary. Become friends with it and laugh instead of crying and moping.

L

leon_luxton

Takin' it post #8
i havent had any bad crashes really...over the bars is really funny if ya dont get hurt.lopping out must really hute cos this guy at the park looped out and landed on his bum bone and back and he was like on the floor for ages and i didnt know wot to do...but then effraim and few ppl came over and helped...it was funny but MUST of been painful :?

T

Trimix

Takin' it post #9
Fenix....that was a thoughtful post, much more thoughtful than all the ranting you were doing before....(just kidding) I agree that crashing is necessary, as it is a benchmark for learning (ie; aha...don't do that again) I just HATE going over the bars, there is not a F'ing thing you can do, but brace and take it. I knew what casing meant.......just wanted it described, and I have heard of "looping out", but was not sure exactly what that meant. Makes sense though.....next time I have a .5 of a second to decide, I will go for the loop out.......casing is more of an "error" than really a way to avoid a crash. If I have to bail out on a big one (say huge gap or high) I usually just get the F rid of the bike in the air.

S

sentaafEQpovar

Takin' it post #10
around here, casing is where u dont clear sumthing
u hit a double, and didnt get enough speed, and back tire hits back of landing
or u do a 180 on a q-pipe and ur back tire lands on the coping
or u jump some stairs, and ur back tire clips the last step
ahaha, casing arounds here means cliping sumthing

T

Trimix

Takin' it post #11
That is probably a more detailed definition, and now that you mention it....I have heard all of those clips called "casing". No wonder I blow so many tires......

D

Darkmana

Takin' it post #12
I can`t remember who it was....maybe Van Homan or Taj who once said something like "...if you go big you`ll either make it or at least have time to fix it before you hit the ground..."

Go big, or go to hospital :)

DM

I

infantry43RIDER

Takin' it post #13
yea crashing is just part of BMX.
learning experience.

V

Vic_Vega

Takin' it post #14
I've never really had a crash that took me out of riding(just lucky i guess-I do some big stuff). The most serious thing was two broken fingers on my right hand. I wrapped em up and rode with it till they healed. No big...I just couldn't do x-ups or barspins as good. :D

S

sentaafEQpovar

Takin' it post #15
thats why small tight packs can prove to be so dangerous :p

P

pike119

Takin' it post #16
I've never gone over the bars. The only time it happened was when I tried someones MTB it has hydrolic disk brakes. I grabed to much lever lol

G

Takin' it post #17
going over the bars is great!!!
especially if you have a nice speed so you get launched!!!
wonderfull, especially if you make a real cool nice saving somersault when you hit the ground.
..and offcourse act as if that was all part of the trick :wink:

G

Takin' it post #18
it stops being funny when theres a nice big pile of fresh dogshit in front of you.

F

federal_rider12

Takin' it post #19
i crash soo much and cut myself up good soo much that i just cant wait till it happens again, i mean i go over my bars at least every month(worst one i hit a guide line jumpin a gap and flipped head first into new concrete and bashed my knee till it had convulsions) i also had a nice hole put in my finger that didnt stop bleedin for 3 months(went into the bone) i do it all!!!!!!! everythin!!!!!!! i even nailed a tree at 45mph racin down a hill lost my brakes hit the tree with my head and flew 20 ft from my bikes and landed in an red ant hill and well thats how i woke up damn things ur bitin me which was like 2 mins after i wrecked

CRASHING IS FUN!!!!!!!!

T

Trimix

Takin' it post #20
Crashing sucks....I don't care how much you love riding bikes, crashing sucks.

New Topics