Take headtube off my crurrent frame and put on new one, How?

• Discuss Take headtube off my crurrent frame and put on new one, How? in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Ive been riding my mirra 540 for flatland for a few months now, too heavy for that so i got myself a fly micromacine(frame). I need to take everything... ...
  • Tags 540
P

paradice

Take headtube off my crurrent frame and put on new one, How? post #1
Ive been riding my mirra 540 for flatland for a few months now, too heavy for that so i got myself a fly micromacine(frame). I need to take everything off the 540 and put it on to the MM. All cool except for the headtube, how do i take it off? Ive never done anything like this before so be gentle.
Thanks all
Tony

J

johntheguru

Take headtube off my crurrent frame and put on new one, How? post #2
take the forks out by loosening the stem bolts and the top stem bolt(headset bolt), the lift the stem off the steerer tube.

knock the forks down out through the frame (might fall out or knock it with a hammer or summit.

take all the bearings out of the headset cups then put a screwdriver through the ehadtube until it catches on the headset cup and knock it out with a hammer, slowly working your way round so it knocks out evenly.

this may be very hard to do, just hit it HARD and in the end it will come out. you won't break it so bang it hard.

do the same on the other cup and hey presto, the headset s removed.

john.

E

evanc

Take headtube off my crurrent frame and put on new one, How? post #3
If you want the head tube off, then you need to cut it off from the frame, grind the excessive metal off, do the same to your Fly, and then weld it on your Fly.

T

tabletop360

Take headtube off my crurrent frame and put on new one, How? post #4
y would u want 2 take the head tube off do u mean the head set :wall:

A

aitkenstyle

Take headtube off my crurrent frame and put on new one, How? post #5
I doubt all of those parts will fit. But I don't use either of those frames and never have so don't listen to me. 8O

D

darkd3vil

Take headtube off my crurrent frame and put on new one, How? post #6
lol if its 1 1/8 itll fit

O

oibmxpunx

Take headtube off my crurrent frame and put on new one, How? post #7
do you mean your headset

New Topics