Tail Taps

• Discuss Tail Taps in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; OK - a little input. I have been working on my manuals and barspins a lot (during those manuals), but "feel" ready for things like tailtaps (NOT... ...
  • Tags bike fufanu manual nose manual
T

Trimix

Tail Taps post #1
OK - a little input. I have been working on my manuals and barspins a lot (during those manuals), but "feel" ready for things like tailtaps (NOT fufanus yet) and was wondering, are you using the brake or the leverage of the pedals against the bike to pull them? Meaning, I can stand the bike up on the back wheel just about anywhere NOT using the brake, I am just not sure if riders are using the BRAKE to pull this trick, or just balance. thoughts?

E

EasternBMX

Tail Taps post #2
work on your balance it seems you got it down but..... Just get some speed jump on the deck and just balance don't wurry about droping back in untill you fell comfortable on your back wheel....If you are trying to tire tap when you go up the quarter pipe- just turn a little and rotate when you land then drop your nose in and you got it

T

Trimix

Tail Taps post #3
So there is no brake used at all, other than whatever feathering to maintain? It's all done from balance and the pedals? This is the way I have been learning it, although I tried locking the back brake first.....AND THAT did not work for me.

S

sentaafEQpovar

Tail Taps post #4
if i had brakes, i would use em during tail taps, but i dont, so i have to learn to do it w/o brakes, + seeing as how ur landing on the deck at an angle, your back tire wont be rolling on the top, it will be slidding on sideways, which = lots of friction against the tire and the deck. man, if what i wroter came out as nonsens,e its cuase i couldnt consentrate cuase this fuucking spanish lady came in the room, with loud ass boots that keep going CLACK CLAKC LCAK cuase she doesnt know how to walk like a human and stomps ont he damn floor, and keeps singing hella loud and has the most annoyuing voice and that horrible lisp that all spaniards have, and this lady is seriously the most annoying person i have met in my life, she is worse than this ****ing guy who calls me jew nose and threw me against a wall, on a thumb tack that ripped a 4 inch hole in my back i wanna throw a fuucking brick in her god damn face STFU LADY DAMN UIT DIE DIE DIE[/b]

T

Trimix

Tail Taps post #5
Oooo K...good advice, don't use brakes and stay away from latin ladies with a thunderous walk, and a lisp.......

G

Tail Taps post #6
sentaaf has a terribly large nose

I

infantry43RIDER

Tail Taps post #7
Trimix if you have brakes...why not use them?
i would.
pull the lever when the back wheels hits and thats instant stoppage there...so then just work on that balance.

then again if pulling the brake is uncomfortable for you for this...work on that pedal movement to keep the back wheel locked for a bit.

either way is fine...there is no "right".

F

federal_rider12

Tail Taps post #8
for a tail tap ur doin it so fast u probably wont hang around on it so u dont need brakes. but ive seen ppl do fufanus without brakes ive even seen a kid bunnyhop onto a 3 1/2ft box and nose manual 7ft down it without fron brakes and he didnt even flinch!!! talk bout balance i squirm so much just doin a manual

New Topics