Sup, can ne1 help me.

• Discuss Sup, can ne1 help me. in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hey, sorry if this is one of those annoying, newbie posts but im really new to bmxin. I havent a clue what bike to buy heh, i got up to bout £350 and i... ...
  • Tags bike bmx bmx bike cranks parts shop
C

Casper_Flip

Sup, can ne1 help me. post #1
Hey, sorry if this is one of those annoying, newbie posts but im really new to bmxin. I havent a clue what bike to buy heh, i got up to bout £350 and i dont wona custom make it, (jyro addin, pegs addin ext im kool wid).
Could u please give me sugestions to ne BMX bikes that are street/park, light and strong. i was lookin at "wethepeople 4 season" but its 2 expensive, so if ne1 has 1 they wona sell id b VERY happy if i can get any detials. im in UK so please try to keep it local, hehe

thanx v much, pleaz help

casper :D

F

FT rider

Sup, can ne1 help me. post #2
look in the back of ride uk mag they have loads

I

infantry43RIDER

Sup, can ne1 help me. post #3
i think the url is like www.bmx-shop.uk
or something like that.

someone correct me if im wrong.

F

FT rider

Sup, can ne1 help me. post #4
ok ill correct u its www.bmx-shop.co.uk u forgot the .co bit but n e way they r really lame they dont stock much go to www.winstanleysbmx.com or www.cyclesportltd.com they both are english and have a massive amount of stuff in stock and are pretty much the cheapest, especially winstanleys and they have a sale on completes at the moment

C

casperh

Sup, can ne1 help me. post #5
is your surname houtman? :lol:

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Sup, can ne1 help me. post #6
ok as you live in the uk there is only one choice what you need to consider, and that is a federal foundation and it only cost 300 quid, which means that you can spend your left over bucks on something else like a lolly or an ice cream. follow the like dude to reveal the bike of your dreams (cue dramatic music)

http://www.alansbmx.com/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=50

it rules, the frame alone is basically worth 200 quid, it has a full cro-mo forks set, and full cro-mo bars, tubular 3 piece sealed cranks (with euro bb), 14mm alxes for all your pegs needs, a micro (ish) 14-39 gearing, primo tyres, sealed (mech i think but maybe not) hubs, and the rest of the parts are also quality. for £300 there is not comparison, in fact i think that federal could sell this bike for around £400 and nobody would bat an eye lid. it the bike for you, do not get some crappy mongoose or argos bike over this baby.

In fact of you don't get this bike i may have to hurt you.

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Sup, can ne1 help me. post #7
oh and the forks alone are also worth close to £100.

D

Devourment 138

Sup, can ne1 help me. post #8
I agree. If you were serious about your post, you would be a fool not to buy that bike.

F

FT rider

Sup, can ne1 help me. post #9
i think u guys are confused or maybe i am but i was sure that the federal foundation did not come with THE federal forks they are just stick ones not the £100 jobs, and the frame is also not a frame sold seperatly and so is not a £200 division, im pretty sure i maybe wrong but thats how it looks from the ride uk review, i mean federal could not sell their sold singularly parts for this cheap and they arent federal cranks they are just stock ones not the £100 so y would the rest be different?

S

slappyslapnuts

Sup, can ne1 help me. post #10
No look at bmx-shop and so on its fully federal im riding a Foundation now...

C

Casper_Flip

Sup, can ne1 help me. post #11
:D nice 1, thanx very much ;). so its the federal i shud take a look at? hmm, look nice, is it street/park? and is it light :D

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Sup, can ne1 help me. post #12
you can ride it on what ever you want, with the possible exception of sustained flatland as it does not have a freecoster hub, or perfect flat geometry, but that does not mean that you can not a few flatland links. even if you were to ride flat on it you probably would not notice anyways, as a beginner would have no need for a free coaster hub, due to the fact that they will not be able to do any complicated links or continuos backwards rolling tricks.

a misconception that many beginners have is that certain bikes should only be used on certain terrain such as street, thus rendering it useless on dirt, this is not true and you will be able to ride the federal on any terrain you want, dirt, street, parks, whatever.

it weighs 30lb, which is rather light.

P

Pyro insaine

Sup, can ne1 help me. post #13
What the f*ck u got against custom built bikes asshole :evil:

I

infantry43RIDER

Sup, can ne1 help me. post #14
shut up dude.

C

casperh

Sup, can ne1 help me. post #15
:p

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Sup, can ne1 help me. post #16
nought against customs built bikes, its just hes new so hes not really going to need one really is he unless he is willig to spend alot of cash for good parts, and as he only has £350 to spend he is not going to be able to get a custom made bike for that is he?

T

thedevilinsam

Sup, can ne1 help me. post #17
id go with a wethepeople gd first bikes

New Topics