sun big city stronger than alex's?

• Discuss sun big city stronger than alex's? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i have heard some good things about them anyone have them? are they strong enogh (for dirt) for me to get these instead of supra j's or e's? and one... ...
  • Tags dirt
T

trailkillerje

sun big city stronger than alex's? post #1
i have heard some good things about them anyone have them? are they strong enogh (for dirt) for me to get these instead of supra j's or e's? and one last question hows the sun barly legal wheelset and dk/ sun wheelset?

G

sun big city stronger than alex's? post #2
i have ryno lights wich is the lighter racing brother to the big citys. i had them sence thanksgivng. i use them for mostly park and a little street and they are perfecly true. they got a little out of true but i just tightned the spokes and they were fine. so knowing that the big citys most be great and only like 24oz. i wouldn't get the supra e they are the strongest but also the heavyest at 30oz a rim. but the j might be a good choise to.
if i were you i would get the sun BFRs instead they are only 18oz and just as strong as big citys and cheaper too

F

federal_rider12

sun big city stronger than alex's? post #3
go with the big city also i think velocity is made by sun or sun made by velocity but anyways the velocity psycho is like the same as the big city maybe slightly ever so slightly smaller sidewalls

M

Mr_Shrapnel

sun big city stronger than alex's? post #4
the big city are very strong rims which will last for ages on any terrain type, infact for dirt, you may be able to get away with running 36h. plus due to there design, the rotating weight is lower than many tall rims, and getting tires on and off will not be a pain cos, they are a low wall rim. oh and because they are wider than most rims, you will be getting less punctures.

T

trailkillerje

sun big city stronger than alex's? post #5
man i hate the wheel companies they make it soooo hard to pick a perfect rim or wheelset i want the j's but the big citys are alot easier to put tires on and wellll i don't know. So for now i thing i will go with the dk/big city wheelset until a better wheel set comes along around $100-$175

F

federal_rider12

sun big city stronger than alex's? post #6
good you should be very pleased with those rims and i bet those rims would last longer then the hubs

M

Mr_Shrapnel

sun big city stronger than alex's? post #7
the big citys rule for the rear, but may be a bit too much for the front (personally)

L

leeuw

sun big city stronger than alex's? post #8
trailkillerje said:
i have heard some good things about them anyone have them? are they strong enogh (for dirt) for me to get these instead of supra j's or e's? and one last question hows the sun barly legal wheelset and dk/ sun wheelset?
if you're a good dirt rider you don't need real strong rims...

New Topics