suggestions for new pedals

• Discuss suggestions for new pedals in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I need to buy new pedals and but not sure want to buy, any suggestions? (not too expensive+prob. can withstand some pedal grinding, and can be bought... ...
  • Tags pedal grind
D

dressed2kill

suggestions for new pedals post #1
I need to buy new pedals and but not sure want to buy, any suggestions? (not too expensive+prob. can withstand some pedal grinding, and can be bought from Uk) cheers ppl

RuLe

RuLe

suggestions for new pedals post #2
r u looking for sealed or unsealed? Unsealed will be cheaper and a lot of people on thsi forum and me like primo pedals, and also theirs a topci about this already

D

dressed2kill

suggestions for new pedals post #3
yea i know i've read the other 1 ages ago+can't find it again lol, this is easier i guess, i'm looking for sealed 1s but not too expensive,but mainly good+not too expensive, but i'm not sure whats the price range, cheers

RuLe

RuLe

suggestions for new pedals post #4
haro sealed is i believe somewhere around 30-40

D

dressed2kill

suggestions for new pedals post #5
around 30-40 pounds?What particular pedal? How about other brands?cheers

I

infantry43RIDER

suggestions for new pedals post #6
Primo Tenderizers
Primo Balance Series
Odyssey JC's
all good pedals.

F

federal_rider12

suggestions for new pedals post #7
odyssey cielencki
eastern platform(they seem like they hold up pretty good)
odyssey twisted(ive heard ppl say they r geat for the money)
wellgo platform(i like these for the price they hold up really damn well for $15)

i ride azonic fusion mags they r awesome ive ridden cheap redline for a week then broke them--dk iron cross(cracked all corners and bent both spindles and blew out the bearings in a month with no grindin)--xs pro os(great till the bearings blew out and the spindle locked up and bent)--wellgo platform(rode for a month and did extremely well still work great but were bought for temp. use till i got my new pedals)

S

sentaafEQpovar

suggestions for new pedals post #8
1 thing, if u dont take good care of your bike i.e. maintenence, dont get pedals that have the stubs unscrewable becuase they will unscrew themsevelves and after a year all ur stubs will be gone cuas eu forgot to keep em tightened

E

EPMD

suggestions for new pedals post #9
Some wellgos will do ya good for about 1 year and for the price its a bargain... they might break but oh well for that price its damn good

S

sentaafEQpovar

suggestions for new pedals post #10
how do you brake pedals? does the grip get worn off or the bearing inside snap or what?

E

EPMD

suggestions for new pedals post #11
pedal grinds.. hitting things... just rough riding i guess

nice pedals you bought there Rule. :D

F

federal_rider12

suggestions for new pedals post #12
dude that pic with the riff raff pedals looks like the bike got hit by a car the crank has a huge dent in the side and riff raff has a lifetime guarantee so send them in and get new ones if ya havent

F

federal_rider12

suggestions for new pedals post #13
lifetime on the spindle that is* 3 year on the body

E

EPMD

suggestions for new pedals post #14
nah not my pedals.. im not that hard of a rider.. its from another site..

RuLe

RuLe

suggestions for new pedals post #15
i dont do pedal grinds or anything to brake my pedals. Only time they hit the ground is if i turn to sharp or set my bike down. Of course pedals break but its how you use them and how long you had them.

E

EPMD

suggestions for new pedals post #16
I bought these pedals after thrashing a pair of Primo pedals in a month. I figured that if I was going to go through pedals that fast, I should get a pair that would last. I saw the Riff Raff pedals and saw that you can put grind plates on whatever side you wanted. And since grinding is what killed my Primo pedals, I bought these.

They worked really well. They slid very fast and never ever wore down any of the pins. And even if I were to wear down a pin, I could just unscrew it from the allen head on the inside of the pedal and replace it.

After a while, the pedals started getting loose and no matter how hard I tried, they would not tighten. Then about last week, after using the pedals for about 8 months, I slipped off a slanted ledge, that I was riding and smacked my pedal on the edge; then snap.

These pedals came with a lifetime warranty on the spindle, and a 3 year warranty on the body. I called Riff Raff with the number that Danscomp gave me, and it said the line is out of service. Then I emailed them about a week ago and still have not recieved a reply.

I give these a 7 out of 10 for the pedals coming loose and not tightening. And not for the fact that they snapped, but for the lack of customer service. You can pick them up at a store near you for $75.00 and get screwed in the end.

that was the review

F

federal_rider12

suggestions for new pedals post #17
lol all those pedals i messed up happened in under a year its one of the hardest parts im on so i prob shouldnt have gotten mag pedals but i wanted to try somethin new and i dont do pedal grinds(mag pedals+pedal grindin=new way to wax) but y dont companies experiment with chromoly pedals? will it be way to heavy or do they think theyll waste money or what?? hell man if they weigh quite a bit i doubt they could weigh more then dk iron cross so y not try makin 4130 chromoly pedals??

L

LuMpY

suggestions for new pedals post #18
MMMMM, Sun Ringle ZUZU's. Ur dumb for not using grind plates for those pedals(if those are yours). You do know they make lexan grind plates for pedals right?

F

federal_rider12

suggestions for new pedals post #19
if ur talkin to me u havent seen my pedals i didnt post the pics of them

F

federal_rider12

suggestions for new pedals post #20
oh yeah and i ve never had ringle zuzu

New Topics