Suggestions for a new bike

• Discuss Suggestions for a new bike in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Sup, I have been out of riding for a few years, but i want to start up again. i wanted a bike with front and rear brakes, 4 pegs, 3 piece cranks, and... ...
  • Tags bike bikes cranks hoffman bikes parts street
D

dainjarouz

Suggestions for a new bike post #1
Sup, I have been out of riding for a few years, but i want to start up again. i wanted a bike with front and rear brakes, 4 pegs, 3 piece cranks, and preferably full cromo frame. ill be doing mostly street riding. i like the dk dayton, but ive heard not so good things about dk. i also like the hoffman disrupter and condor and eastern phoenix, sequence, and hercules. my old bike is a gt performer btw. I dont want to pay more than $500. any suggestions? thanks.

L

leon_luxton

Suggestions for a new bike post #2
well fly bikes and hoffman bikes are really good,strong,cr-mo and come with 3pc cranks :wink:

E

EPMD

Suggestions for a new bike post #4
you can just add pegs on later and same with a front brake

R

ride888

Suggestions for a new bike post #5
they just had a price cut on the eastern hercules...look at it on danscomp..3 piece, cromo

T

traildemon

Suggestions for a new bike post #6
nono..if i had to buy a complete new bike i'd buy a volume..ok their parts aren't made in the us but they still rock, and so far I haven't heard anything bad about demolition so you should definatly go check out their website

D

dainjarouz

Suggestions for a new bike post #7
well volume doesnt have any bikes with front brakes do they? i dont want a trails bike either, ill be using it mostly for street riding. i think its between the eastern atom series phoenix and the DK Dayton

I

ieatcrayons

Suggestions for a new bike post #8
the mexican has front brakes

S

StandardOX

Suggestions for a new bike post #9
dainjarouz said:
well volume doesnt have any bikes with front brakes do they? i dont want a trails bike either, ill be using it mostly for street riding. i think its between the eastern atom series phoenix and the DK Dayton
Definately DK dayton. Sealed Euro chop stix crank, sealed DK hubs laced. If my standard was ever stolen, the Dayton would be it's replacement.

fenixbykeco

fenixbykeco

Suggestions for a new bike post #10
I would suggest looking at other topics.

V

Vic_Vega

Suggestions for a new bike post #11
P

pike119

Suggestions for a new bike post #12
I dont know maybe freeagent Air Raid but its got an alum frame with cromo fork

D

dainjarouz

Suggestions for a new bike post #13
yea the mexican has front brakes, but black rims...i really wanted chrome rims, but if i settle for black ones, ill get the phoenix, albes has it for $380...but i still really like that damn DK it looks sweet.

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Suggestions for a new bike post #14
hmmm im not conviced i still say you should go for a fly estampida pro

http://www.flybikesbmx.com/productos/bicis_completas/estampidapro.html

ok it does not have a front u-brakes but i think that is worh it considering your getting a proper cro-mo estampida frame which sells for like £220 on its own, proper cro-mo fly bikes chopper fork which sells for £100 on its own, proper cro-flower power bars which sell for about £35 on there own, a full dia-come/ sst brake set up, tubular cro-mo 3-pc sealed cranks, probably work about £100, a proper fly bikes aluminium chain ring which sells for £40, alex wheels, sealed fly bikes hubs which cost around £120 for a set, kenda tires, and the rest of the parts are also high quality. as far as i can see, for the price its pretty much one of the best rides you can get. however it is worth noting that it does actually come with a front brake, its just that it is a caliper type one which is not shown on the fly bike spec as most people take it off straight away.

D

dainjarouz

Suggestions for a new bike post #15
actually i am really considering the fly estampida, i just forgot to mention it, it seems like a really solid bike. are those rims black or chrome though? i cant tell from the picture.

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Suggestions for a new bike post #16
i think that they are black, but due to the fact that you get a really good set of brakes and pads, your braking power will not be reduced by a significant amount, so they should stop pretty much on the money. plus black rims dont squeak!

its a damn good bike , i know you would not regret it if you bought it.

D

dainjarouz

Suggestions for a new bike post #17
very true shrap...i think i will go with the dk dayton...i hope no bike shop workers try to talk me out of it...unless they do it with some conviction and back it up. heh

New Topics