Stupid Questions I know

• Discuss Stupid Questions I know in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; First person to answer gets rep. Im only asking because I dont wanna mess up by making a stupid mistake. My chain is always lose because my back wheel... ...
IB Street

IB Street

Stupid Questions I know post #1
First person to answer gets rep. Im only asking because I dont wanna mess up by making a stupid mistake. My chain is always lose because my back wheel moves forward. I have Right Hand Drive so that means I want to get this item: http://www.danscomp.com/440028.php?cat=PARTS in the option "Right" correct? Im 98% positive yes but I dont know if theres any type of different code, because I've never worked with tensioners. Thanks first person to answer! :clap:

Venusaur

Venusaur

Stupid Questions I know post #2
yes right to tighten chain, but to even your wheel you might want both.

Boney

Boney

Stupid Questions I know post #3
yes lol, its right.

IB Street

IB Street

Stupid Questions I know post #4
You both get rep, Im only going to get one tensioner for now though.

AustinK

AustinK

Stupid Questions I know post #5
getting only one might not be a good idea. Once you get the chain tight the wheel might not be straight.

Maybe try some simple wheel slammers. I have them and they are great.

JMcdonell

JMcdonell

Stupid Questions I know post #6
do you have a half link or full link?

Patrickk

Patrickk

Stupid Questions I know post #7
i need some too, my wheel keeps moving forward.

sucks.

Mr. Hoffman

Mr. Hoffman

Stupid Questions I know post #8
If i were you id run 2 chain tensnors,i ran 1 for a while and the left side would slip out of place a lot,there are some that are cheaper for 2. They all do the same thing. :)

coslz

coslz

Stupid Questions I know post #9
get 2 trust me man i use to run only one its a pain in the balls because your like oh it staright you still have to tug one side to make it straight and its just a pian. If i were you man go for 2.

zzzzzzz

zzzzzzz

Stupid Questions I know post #11
Definately run 2. Do you run pegs? What side? If they are on the left side, then one tensioner on the right won't do you any good.

IB Street

IB Street

Stupid Questions I know post #13
Well guys, I called up my LBS and they said just buy one for the side my sprocket is on, so thats all im going to do for now. My friend had wheel slammers and they barely ever helped him, his wheel would still move forward and stuff.

GUMP

GUMP

Stupid Questions I know post #14
well it sounds like your mate didnt have the right size slammers, have you tried a half link in your chain to slam the wheel in the drop outs?

CodyPrince

CodyPrince

Stupid Questions I know post #15
your best chance is to tighten you bolts really tight with a long pole for leverage at first, if it still does it get 2 tensioners cause your axle will be un even.

JMcdonell

JMcdonell

Stupid Questions I know post #16
if you have a half link try taking one link out and that should do the trick =]

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

Stupid Questions I know post #17
your wheel is slipping because A) you are not tightening your axle not tight enough or B) your cone nuts on your hub are set too narrow or too wide for your frame. buying chain tensioners might help, but it's like putting a bandaid on a sucking chest wound.

read this!!!

zzzzzzz

zzzzzzz

Stupid Questions I know post #18
You can also throw a little lithium grease on your axle before putting your nuts on. You can get an extra 1/4 turn or so outta your nuts when tightening them.

New Topics