striped bolts loose pedals

• Discuss striped bolts loose pedals in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; my bolts on my crank are stripped and my crank is loose like 1/2 inch this in on a kink whip with stock crank btw i have 22/8 gearing and my... ...
E

Eight Thirty

striped bolts loose pedals post #1
my bolts on my crank are stripped and my crank is loose like 1/2 inch

this in on a kink whip with stock crank btw
i have 22/8 gearing and my hazard lite in the rear
(driver is holding up?? wow)
my bottom bracket is unsld and i know i have to replace it soon

how should i go about tightening this up?
pound a bigger Allen in there and twist or buy a extractor and use that?
also what kind of bottom bracket could i buy that is mid bb and 8 spline 19mm spindle i cant seem to find one off dans?

now onto the pedals.

i went to go tighten up my odyssey pedals and they will not tighten. i feel friction on the bolt but it seems to just spin there and not tighten it up?
it could not possible be stripped because i never touched them before. they are fairly old and beat up and also unsld they move left to right like 1/16 of an inch but when i fall on my bike it makes the bike sound like crap. like shaking loose crap.

thanks in advance for the help

ruzakruzak

ruzakruzak

striped bolts loose pedals post #2
check pedals and crank to see what exactly is stripped. And change fukkd up part.

johnuk

johnuk

striped bolts loose pedals post #3
It's not very clear exactly what's going on. Are you 100% sure those crank bolts are stripped (I mean, can you see the threads are messed up), and is it the bolts or the female threads they go into, or both?

If it's the axle threads only, you're cheapest option is going to be buying a replacement axle. If it's the bolts, new buys aren't much. If it's both, that's still not a dirty amount - but I'd be sure they're definitly wrecked pre-ordering.

With the pedals, check if it's the screwthread that goes into the crank arm that's moving, or if it's the pedal moving on it's spindle.

That's a curious number of stripped threads for one bike is all I'm thinking, and don't want you to buy more stuff than you need

New Topics