[street]Flybikes McGyver (maybe others)

• Discuss [street]Flybikes McGyver (maybe others) in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; goh I feel like a n00b with a stupid question. The deal is that I don't know much about the real deal of products and such (which I hate, but how the... ...
  • Tags bike bikes dirt street street bike street bikes vert
F

FOL

[street]Flybikes McGyver (maybe others) post #1
goh I feel like a n00b with a stupid question. The deal is that I don't know much about the real deal of products and such (which I hate, but how the hell, except reading here and there, can you learn such stuff :p) so here is the go.

Is the flybike Mc Gyver strong enough to handle street/park and vert?

I can bike it second hand

it doesn't have pegs so I assumed it is used for dirt.

I

infantry43RIDER

[street]Flybikes McGyver (maybe others) post #2
the frame is probally an all around frame...it seems like it is.
just because there is no pegs doesn't mean its dirt...you know how many park slash street riders don't ride pegs anymore?

it seems like an ok bike.
fly bikes is a really nice bike company in my eyes.

seat is up really high and the bars are too far forward...but you can just fix that to your own preferences.

F

FOL

[street]Flybikes McGyver (maybe others) post #3
How can you know it is a street or overal frame? Length, the way it looks?

The only street movies I saw, I saw streeters with pegs... I haven't heard bad words about blybikes.

I

infantry43RIDER

[street]Flybikes McGyver (maybe others) post #4
most bikes now a days could be classified as being all around rides.

i see street and park riders not having pegs on anymore all the time...they just don't ride tech like the 2 or 4 peg riders do man thats all.

if you are into street or dirt i would say get it.

M

Mr_Shrapnel

[street]Flybikes McGyver (maybe others) post #5
it will hold up just fine for street and parks, in fact that is what it is designed to hold up against, so you should no problems. the only reason why there are no pegs is because it has 10mm axles (i think!), - 10 mm axles are not suitable for pegs, well...on the back ate least.

oh and bring your bars back!, your bike will behave much better, and it will make many tricks easier having your bars closer to the central pivot point.

I

infantry43RIDER

[street]Flybikes McGyver (maybe others) post #6
it does seem to be 3/8mm axles both front and back...but i could be wrong.

and yea like he said you definitly should bring your bars back to the pivot area...align them with your fork basically.

F

FOL

[street]Flybikes McGyver (maybe others) post #7
hmm so I should measure the axles before I buy it?

But I was planning to go vert (first mini ramp :p) as well...I guess it is storng enough for that as well?

thanks for the info btw both of you :)

I

infantry43RIDER

[street]Flybikes McGyver (maybe others) post #8
yea if you want to ride vert that bike will be fine.

i mean when you get more experienced FOL you can always upgrade stuff later so i wouldn't worry about anything.

F

FOL

[street]Flybikes McGyver (maybe others) post #9
that's true, I don't wanna get it smashed in the first month(s ) :)

M

Mr_Shrapnel

[street]Flybikes McGyver (maybe others) post #10
the only reason why you need 14mm axles is if you want to run pegs.
you CAN run pegs on the front, as generally the front pegs/axles dont take too much damage, but i would not personally recommend it as i have had many bent 10mm front axles.
but the general feeling is that front pegs on 10mm axles and passable, just about....

F

FOL

[street]Flybikes McGyver (maybe others) post #11
I want to street and hell it would be nice to do some grinds eh...so I would prefer using pegs.

L

leon_luxton

[street]Flybikes McGyver (maybe others) post #12
hey FOL..yeah looks like a great bike to use for mini and vert..like the other said upgrade over time ya see as you progress the bike will 2..also i though ya rode flatland? what happing there? ya quit or soming? if ya have i am asamened in you,lol..why ya quit then? I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO DO MINI RAMPS BUT AINT GOT ANY GUTS TO DO IT,AHHAHA..EVEN THOUGH ITS SMALL...BUT I WILL DO IT ONE DAY..YEP I WILL HAVE 2 GIVE IT A SHOT TO SEE WHAT ITS LIKE..STILL GONNA KEEP TO FLATLAND 4EVA THOUGH..LOL :lol:

I

infantry43RIDER

[street]Flybikes McGyver (maybe others) post #13
FOL said:
I want to street and hell it would be nice to do some grinds eh...so I would prefer using pegs.
you can always drill out the rear dropouts if you want to make them 14mm.
or get a slotted 14mm rear hub.

F

FOL

[street]Flybikes McGyver (maybe others) post #14
leon_luxton said:
hey FOL..
I won't quit flatland I think. But I wanna try everything. This seems great as well so....

infantry: okthanks, I mailed the guy, maybe the bike is gone and this thread was 'useless'. I got a bit more knowledge already AND as the title says, maybe I suggest another buike here if this one is already sold.

I

infantry43RIDER

[street]Flybikes McGyver (maybe others) post #15
well FOL if you are looking for another bike and like the completes...
i would just suggest maybe going to the mailorder sites you like.

then come back on here with ones you have picked out and we will give our input.

F

FOL

[street]Flybikes McGyver (maybe others) post #16
If I can get something second handed which is very decent for a much cheaper price, I'll go for that.

IF I would buy a new one, I would think about the McGyver (E395), the WTP daredevil(E425) or Eastern Metalhead(E349). But getting it second handed, would save me around 150 euro... :)

F

FOL

[street]Flybikes McGyver (maybe others) post #17
He still has the flybike mcgyver, so that is still an option :) (second hand, and need to buy pegs....thinking about a reasonable price as well then)

L

leon_luxton

[street]Flybikes McGyver (maybe others) post #18
what bike you got at the moment and how much does he want to seel the fly?

F

FOL

[street]Flybikes McGyver (maybe others) post #19
I got a flatland bike (WTP pony, but what has that to do with this? :D).

He gave no price for the fly, he said "the highest bid". 160 is the highest bid so far. So probably around between 180 and 200 would be a reasonable price I guess.

L

leon_luxton

[street]Flybikes McGyver (maybe others) post #20
i never knew you had a flatland bike so i thought the bike you got now may of been good enogh for it..lol..i want your bike :twisted:

New Topics