Strange Clicking Noise

• Discuss Strange Clicking Noise in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Whenever my bike moves forward, every second and a half or so a strange clicking noise comes from somwhere around the chain/rear hub. What could it... ...
  • Tags bike
stoned-n-happy

stoned-n-happy

Strange Clicking Noise post #1
Whenever my bike moves forward, every second and a half or so a strange clicking noise comes from somwhere around the chain/rear hub.
What could it be? Also, should I get a diamondback juju frame and mirra pro bar for 45 bucks american? Good deal or not?

B

Bisquit

Strange Clicking Noise post #2
Haha if its what i think you're talkin about, my bike does that.

Its just a dumb wire that sticks out with mine, everytime I peddle it hits it and makes a "click" noise.
Look around the chain area and stuff.

Bristow

Bristow

Strange Clicking Noise post #3
my bike does this as well but mine is the free wheel, i ended up having to order a new wheel, i coulda just changed the freewheel but i got a new wheel instaed. and about the dimond back, never get one no matter how cheap it is!!!!!! they are shit.

B

bones

Strange Clicking Noise post #4
either your rear hub is broke and wearing down, or the brake cable 8)

D

delawarejames

Strange Clicking Noise post #5
bones said:
either your rear hub is broke and wearing down, or the brake cable 8)
OR ITS THE FREEWHEEL ASSHAT

O

orangebeast91489

Strange Clicking Noise post #6
he said every second and a half, does he have 1 engagement point? ASSHAT

A

ArNoLd

Strange Clicking Noise post #7
Yo it could just b the cones coming loose just try tightening them up a tad see if thats or if not then ya proble like a sticking out cable

S

stolen_rider

Strange Clicking Noise post #8
Yeah my bike makes a noise like that but only when im pedalling really hard or puttin a lot of pressure on it.

T

Trimix

Strange Clicking Noise post #9
Seeing that you live in "Ganja land" (by the way it's 'Ghanja') I would say it is the voices in your head. :lol:

Seriously, quit worrying about little noises if everything works.

OH yea....just make sure you front and back sprockets are lined up, if the chain is at a slight angle it could be that.

P

[PRIMO]

Strange Clicking Noise post #10
it could something or nothijust make sure your hub is not loose make sure your spokes are tight and just tune your bike up if it still makes noise grease some stuff up and if it continues nothing should be wrong

just ride it until it breaks.

stoned-n-happy

stoned-n-happy

Strange Clicking Noise post #11
Alright thanks. Also trimix, "ghanja" was the original way rastafarians and such said ganja, adding an H sound, but the word itself has been americanized, and is now officially spelled ganja. Check any dictionary, or some dictionary website, or whatever.

EDIT: I've found that I'm pretty sure the noise is coming from the back wheel, around where the chain goes around that gear thing, and where the pegs stick out.

old_school_goose

old_school_goose

Strange Clicking Noise post #12
OWENED ha ha :D

I

infantry43RIDER

Strange Clicking Noise post #13
stoned-n-happy said:
Alright thanks. Also trimix, "ghanja" was the original way rastafarians and such said ganja, adding an H sound, but the word itself has been americanized, and is now officially spelled ganja. Check any dictionary, or some dictionary website, or whatever.

EDIT: I've found that I'm pretty sure the noise is coming from the back wheel, around where the chain goes around that gear thing, and where the pegs stick out.
well...Ghanja should be spelt that way...because you know...you gotta stay true to the original Rastafarians.

stoned-n-happy

stoned-n-happy

Strange Clicking Noise post #14
Feel free to spell it the way you want. I have a friend who's dad is rasta, and hes a pot smoker, and he spells it ganja. And besides, its not like rastas invented ganja. They dont own the rights to it.

P

[PRIMO]

Strange Clicking Noise post #15
yeah man im pretty sure last time i checked that gear thing is called a freewheel or if you got a cassete a cog just to drop some info on you

P

[PRIMO]

Strange Clicking Noise post #16
yeah man im pretty sure last time i checked that gear thing is called a freewheel or if you got a cassete a cog just to drop some info on you

B

bruisedbob

Strange Clicking Noise post #17
Ghanja. Screw being americanized, its like being commercialized. There are thirteen year olds around here claiming to be rasta, just to smoke and have dreads. I asked them who Haile Selassie(no time to check sp.) was and they actually replied, "Who?" Beware Americanization!

stoned-n-happy

stoned-n-happy

Strange Clicking Noise post #18
Well, then those kids are downright fools. Im a heavy pot smoker, and I have dreads, but im not rasta at all. Idiots. And who cares how you spell it, ganja, ghanja.

I notice you guys have been saying "rasta".
Using your theories, shouldnt you be saying "rhasta"?

S

SR20DET

Strange Clicking Noise post #19
yes my bike makes stupid noises, but after a while when im riding they kinda stop.

New Topics