Starting BMX, help

A

aussyj

Starting BMX, help post #1
Ok so I was doing agressive inline but decided to start riding. I basically wanna do flatland and street, but mostly flatland. I still need to buy a bike so does anyone have any suggestions? I'm looking for a good biek for flatland that's around 200 bucks and is made by a good company. Thanks.

Poseidon

Poseidon

Starting BMX, help post #2

I'm an aggressive skater too, how long've you been skating?
As far as a bike..Im not sure about a flatland bike for 200 dollars...just..look at Fit, Volume, We The People, Redline...compare the specs..and whatever.

M

Micky

Starting BMX, help post #3
i have a old school flatland frame,standard, its has everything u need for a begginer.A Henteifreecoaster 3/8 front and rear ,peregrine double wall rims,gyro,haro kneesavers,haro grips,RL stem,990 brakes is missing the front brakes and it has oddysey trigger brake levers.And 1 piece cranks 36 sprocket,4 flatland pegs and a small seat this is more then u need to start to learn how to flatland.

Peace Out

I

infantry43RIDER

Starting BMX, help post #4
WTP pony
WTP div
Standard Tao (prolly to much money)

those are frames though...idk much about flat completes

A

aussyj

Starting BMX, help post #5
Thanks guys for the advice. And btw Poseidon, I've only been doing inline for about 3 months but I'm still pretty good. I'm thinkin about gettin an Eastern 2004 Battery. Is that good? Teh guy at pro cycles told me it was good.

I

infantry43RIDER

Starting BMX, help post #6
yea i would say go for it...that seems alright for a beginner...just upgrade the cranks later and you have a decent bike...eastern makes good stuff...

if you want to go for a little better eastern complete jump up to the eastern big street complete which rocks a hercules frame...or even better go for a hercules complete.

A

aussyj

Starting BMX, help post #7
Ok, so I'm probably gonna get the Eastern Battery 2004. I just wanted to know if DK, GT, or Haro were any good for flatland. Just doubel checkin before I buy the eastern :wink:

I

infantry43RIDER

Starting BMX, help post #8
get the eastern over all those ones you listed.

A

aussyj

Starting BMX, help post #9
OK thanks a lot. I'm gonna get it on thursday. IM gonna upgrade th crank to 3pc when I can and maybe get new pedals cause teh ones it comes with are plastic.

I

infantry43RIDER

Starting BMX, help post #10
yea definitly get new pedals if they are plastic and 3-pc would be a good thing too.

New Topics