star nut

• Discuss star nut in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i accidentally stripped out the star nut thing inside my forks..do i have to buy new forks for everything to work again or can i just get a new star... ...
S

snakeskinsocks

star nut post #1
i accidentally stripped out the star nut thing inside my forks..do i have to buy new forks for everything to work again or can i just get a new star nut? and are they easy to put in if i can get a new one?

Minitrix

Minitrix

star nut post #2
Is the star nut welded into your forks?

A

AaronBMX

star nut post #3
you can get probably one for about 3bucks and then carefully hammer it in with a rubber mallet

ridecleveland

ridecleveland

star nut post #4
If you have a welded in star nut your out of luck.

911freeagentbmx911

911freeagentbmx911

star nut post #5
if its stock chances are it aint welded go out and pick up at a local shop a headset star nut for like $1-3 and tap it in with a mallet or use the handle of a tool nothing sharp and be easy they are quite fragile and suck pretty bad cuz they snap and warp real easy if u dont get it just right

M

marks86

star nut post #6
what kinda forks

T

Taylor Mefford

star nut post #7
i dont even run a star nut.

Minitrix

Minitrix

star nut post #8
i dont even run a star nut.
Yeah, you could do that, just push the stem down until the headset's tight and tighten down your pinch bolts a considerable amount, so it won't move.

ridecleveland

ridecleveland

star nut post #9
Yeah, you could do that, just push the stem down until the headset's tight and tighten down your pinch bolts a considerable amount, so it won't move.
This is true, the start nut just acts as compression.

New Topics