standard

S

Super S***

standard post #1
OK it seems standard only makes bikes over 300quid whitch seems strange cuz if they made a cheaper complete then i think alot of people would buy them well i would.also why are they called standard if they make amazing bikes?have you ever seen a cheap standard that is NOT second hand...in fact have you ever seen a second hand standard?

E

evanc

standard post #2
Standards stuff is expensive because it is unmatched in quailty. Pcik one up some time and inspect the welds. Flawless. They make such badass products, with the highest grade materials, so of course they're going to be $300+

J

johntheguru

standard post #3
evanc said:
Standards stuff is expensive because it is unmatched in quailty. Pcik one up some time and inspect the welds. Flawless. They make such badass products, with the highest grade materials, so of course they're going to be $300+
that sums it up.

people in the know, will find the money if they know whats good.

john

D

DezXc

standard post #4
evanc said:
Standards stuff is expensive because it is unmatched in quailty.

I beg to differ,

Standard arent that great, and they can EASILY be matched, S&M/fit and FBM frames are better then standard, and MUCH better value for money

standards have shit paint jobs too, the paint practicly flakes off!

ive owned 2 standards, i bought them both 2nd hand... i didnt even bother riding either of them, when i got them and realized how crap they i jsut got rid of em

standards arent worth what they charge

the only standard i like is the STA Trails 250s ox platinum... but i would still rather stick to my fbm angel of death when it comes to strength

E

evanc

standard post #5
DezXc said:
evanc said:
Standards stuff is expensive because it is unmatched in quailty.

I beg to differ,

Standard arent that great, and they can EASILY be matched, S&M/fit and FBM frames are better then standard, and MUCH better value for money

ive owned 2 standards, i bought them both 2nd hand... i didnt even bother riding either of them, when i got them and realized how crap they i jsut got rid of em

standards arent worth what they charge

the only standard i like is the STA Trails 250s ox platinum... but i would still rather stick to my fbm angel of death when it comes to strength
Heh heh heh, there's no STA 250.
Anyway, Standard's been around since the 80's (?). I think they know their shit more than a bunch of fat beer guzzling party animals.

D

DezXc

standard post #6
evanc said:
Heh heh heh, there's no STA 250.
Anyway, Standard's been around since the 80's (?). I think they know their shit more than a bunch of fat beer guzzling party animals.
FBM know there shit

A

anti-flag

standard post #7
fbm is a good compaine and they know how to make a bike.

I

infantry43RIDER

standard post #8
yes that they do...

but id take a standard over an fbm

standard products are some of the strongest you can get

and there is a frame that standard makes for under 300...luc-e's signature (well hes off the team) frame....only 250 around i think...

J

johntheguru

standard post #9
Standard arent that great
wrong, they are top class frames.

they can EASILY be matched, S&M/fit and FBM frames are better then standard
no one said they were the best frames.

MUCH better value for money
thats your opinion, but your wrong!

i know for a fact that that is bollocks. they use the same painting procedures and paint as almost every other frame company.

that is your own dick head fault for not checking out what you were buying.

john

D

DezXc

standard post #10
wrong, they are top class frames.
Why are they?

no one said they were the best frames.
'Standards stuff is expensive because it is unmatched in quailty'

i was saying that it is

thats your opinion, but your wrong!
Why am i?

i know for a fact that that is bollocks. they use the same painting procedures and paint as almost every other frame company.
No they dont, my FBM frame has a really thick paint job that is really hard to scratch, standard have a paint job that is about 1/4 of the thickness that scratches easily

that is your own fault for not checking out what you were buying.
I knew what i was buying, i only bought it because if i didnt like i knew for a fact i could easily sell it

J

johntheguru

standard post #11
if you by a frame because they use thick paint, you must be a proper wanker.

standard make extremely good frames. i know this because i see them being ridden all the time and they stand up to some serious abuse.

the welds are beautiful and they are well renowned.

john

D

DezXc

standard post #12
standard make from what ive seen, good frames. But they aint worth £450, there frames are shit value for money

Standard even admitted that OX platinum frames dent easier then the the 4130 frames, yet they still charge a good £100 more

I

infantry43RIDER

standard post #13
hmmm then um don't get one...k

they still have some of the greatest quality frames...

S

Super S***

standard post #14
We all know standard are over priced but they are good frames and stuff.that thing about the paintwork...well they do have good paintwork but nothing special.if you had 2 standards and didnt even ride them then you are a complete tool.how can you tell if a bike is good by just by looking at it?you cant tell if it rides nice.if i had a standard then i would use it ALL the time cuz they r great :D

E

evanc

standard post #15
DezXc said:
Standard even admitted that OX platinum frames dent easier then the the 4130 frames, yet they still charge a good £100 more
Of course they're going to dent easier. The tubes are thinner. But the metal is stronger, so it won't crack.

I think this is one thing johntheguru and I see eye-to-eye on. *high five!*

D

DezXc

standard post #16
evanc said:
Of course they're going to dent easier. the metal is stronger.
that didnt make sense

And it is easy to tell wheather a frame is good without riding it Super S***

I

infantry43RIDER

standard post #17
the ox platinium metal is stronger so it the frame won't crack...but it WILL dent easier because the ox stuff is thinner than 4130 chromo..

and yes there is some ways to tell if the frame is good without riding it...like checking out the welds and stuff...but really the only good way to tell is to ride it...and having 2 standards without even giving them a ride is retarted...

J

johntheguru

standard post #18
DezXc said:
evanc said:
Of course they're going to dent easier. the metal is stronger.
that didnt make sense

And it is easy to tell wheather a frame is good without riding it Super S***
you are a prik.

you have quoted him but changed it, so he didn't even say that. HE said...

Of course they're going to dent easier. The tubes are thinner. But the metal is stronger, so it won't crack.
you can't take the parts out that don't agree with your arguement and use the modified quote you wanker.

he makes perfect sense.

me an evanc all the way!!

dezxc, you are a prick, how can you tell whether a frame is good without riding it?

you can tell how it looks, but you can't say whether it is technically sound or not. messy welds are not neccesarily weaker than tidy welds, before you use that as an arguement.

surely the competency of a frame, is how it feels when ridden, not how it looks.

john

D

DezXc

standard post #19
Wow blundell, you really know your shit, what with all that verbal abuse and all, you 'prik'

And yes i did have 2 standards, at the same time i had a Volume compton, Fit Series One, FBM AOD, WTP thrillseaker, fly estampida, and a federal nation

Fit suits me best. FBM is the strongest. The standards only offered disadvantages to these frames, so i sold them, and kept my AOD

I was offered the standards cheap so i got them, mainly to see what the hype is about, and i ended up with a pile of shit

And the tubing is only thinner on the TT and SS, the DT and CS are the same on both STA's.

E

evanc

standard post #20
[quote="johntheguru]me an evanc all the way!![/quote]

Hey man, you still let me hangin'! *high five!*

To the dude above me, of course they're going to be thciker (dt and cs). That's where you get more abuse.

New Topics