stainless steel pegs???

• Discuss stainless steel pegs??? in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i'm in a metal shop class and i've stared making some stainless steel pags. Im machining them out of a peg sized rod. I know they will probably be... ...
F

FreeFall

stainless steel pegs??? post #1
i'm in a metal shop class and i've stared making some stainless steel pags. Im machining them out of a peg sized rod. I know they will probably be heavy but i think the might be cool. so my question is, does anyone know much about the properties of stainless steel? will it spark? will it bend? i don't know much about it, lol.
thanks.

manualking

manualking

stainless steel pegs??? post #2
It will work depending on the metal your instructer has stainless steel is kinds light but not as strong as the pegs you buy. I did it when i was in votech in highschool it worked tho. so do if it works out good sell them to friends or something or just for replacements.

JohnW

JohnW

stainless steel pegs??? post #3
Don't make them too thin and maybe they will work. If they do work good, make me a set.

F

FreeFall

stainless steel pegs??? post #4
lol i will make them like average pegs, not too thick or too thin, i'll post the weight and testing resaults in a new thread when i finish. should be interesting though.

T

troy

stainless steel pegs??? post #5
Those are the type of pegs that come on completes. They are hella heavy but last forever!

JohnW

JohnW

stainless steel pegs??? post #6
Those are the type of pegs that come on completes. They are hella heavy but last forever!
No, those aren't stainless. They're just crap old steel, and they rust - unlike stainless.

T

troy

stainless steel pegs??? post #7
No, those aren't stainless. They're just crap old steel, and they rust - unlike stainless.

Than these =better?

Lmao.

manualking

manualking

stainless steel pegs??? post #8
Take Calipers and measure you pegs on your bike. While your in metals make you a grind rail as a project.

Brocknz

Brocknz

stainless steel pegs??? post #9
sounds lyk a fun project. nd yeh. just dnt make em uber thin nd u'll be set.

fluorescent

fluorescent

stainless steel pegs??? post #10
sounds lyk a fun project. nd yeh. just dnt make em uber thin nd u'll be set.
yh i agre wif dis dud if yu duznt mak thm to thin thn thyll b gd.

lol.

anyway they will probably not be very strong or heavy but they'll look cool, the main property of stainless steel is that it is stainless, so stainless steel is not really made for strength but oh well... this should be interesting.

H

Holden

stainless steel pegs??? post #11
you can polish them sooo much and make them more bling than neelys teeth.

Stephen G

Stephen G

stainless steel pegs??? post #12
Stainless doesn't grind dude.
Ever tried grinding a stainless rail? You just get chucked over the bars.
Just use crmo or normal steel, save your money/time.

F

FreeFall

stainless steel pegs??? post #13
hmm, well i got the rod out of scrap so it wont cost me anything, i still gotta try it.
I'm gonna laugh when i go to do an icepick and it just snaps. lol

Stephen G

Stephen G

stainless steel pegs??? post #14
It's steel, it'll probably just bend or dent first.
You'd be hard pressed to snap a steel tube.

New Topics