Spraying

S

slappyslapnuts

Spraying post #1
Hey is it possible to get a decent look like a dull black not shiney as **** by just spraying over the old paint with a black spray or would i have to get the paint off the old one if so how just sand papar?

O

oibmxpunx

Spraying post #2
flat black it not shiney try that

S

slappyslapnuts

Spraying post #3
im mainly concerned about sprayin it i know what colour im gonna use

O

oibmxpunx

Spraying post #4
just use primer first it will be fine

F

federal_rider12

Spraying post #5
you dont have to actually get the paint completely off but it needs to be sanded. first use a 60 grit and rough the entire thing up till there is no shine left but dont dig in with the sand paper. next move up to like a 220 and smooth what you did with the 60 grit after that clean it and dry it completely and dont touch it unless you have gloves on, oil from skin will screw everything up, and make sure that there is no rust. next prime the frame with a primer closest to what you will paint on it, try and find black primer if no black just get the normal grey primer. now coat the frame with the primer till you dont see any of the old color but dont over spray!!! you want to coat the entire thing with one go around so that later well after it dries you can sand it with like a 600 grit and then check to see if there are any imperfections, if not then you can just go ahead and paint it flat black as long as the primer is still completely coating the frame, if not or if there are imperfections prime again and lightly do that till its smooth then sand with the 600 again and dont go through the primer and now paint. but since you want it flat get like a rust preventor paint not just a regular paint that may say prevents rust, get the real rust preventor then that should do it

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Spraying post #6
just get matt black, not gloss black. but gloss is so much better.

I

infantry43RIDER

Spraying post #7
eh...gloss black is not always better...for some bikes i love the look of flat black.

but yea like federal said...you NEED to sand it and then primer and then paint it.

F

federal_rider12

Spraying post #8
im going to try and paint my old redline chalkboard its tough spray it with water and its clean and you can get chalk and write on it! it will be awesome! i will probably paint it the green chalkboard

New Topics