sponsorship

• Discuss sponsorship in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Ok, i know that like alot of other people, i am definetly not good enuff to get sponsored........ what i want to know, for when i get much better... ...
  • Tags bmx bmx com bmx part bmx parts buy bmx parts shop video
C

cav89

sponsorship post #1
Ok, i know that like alot of other people, i am definetly not good enuff to get sponsored........

what i want to know, for when i get much better (much, much MUCH better), how do i get sponsorships, as in, how do i know who to ask, or what things i hafta learn.....

cyas

C

cpb rider

sponsorship post #2
Make a video of yourself and send copies to bmx companies. that's it. You will be a proud team member if you are good enough. :)

F

FOL

sponsorship post #3
or you can contact non-bmx related companies, who give you money (and you wear tshirt with their logo on jams and contest) so you can buy bmx parts.

L

leeuw

sponsorship post #4
you oughta look for a local shop...
make a sponsor-me video...
ask for discount sponsoring and if you'll be much better they must offer you full free stuff...

ride on, get sponsored, leeuw

F

federal_rider12

sponsorship post #5
sponsorship isnt all that it is cracked up to be, you are their bitch whatever they want you to do you must do or your off the team you can get a semi sponsorship and get discounts on parts maybe sometimes free and you pass out the names of the compaines that sponsor you but ride because you love it not for fame or money thats just selling yourself out i was looking into sponsorship but then i find about semi sponsorship so if i get better then and want to get into some videos or sometihng im looking more into semi sponsorship

semi sponsorhip- you can ride when you want where ever you want and the only thing they ask is to try and go to some competitions, small or big local or national, spread their company name, be in some videos, and have fun

M

Mr_Shrapnel

sponsorship post #6
hahhaa if it happens it happens man! i guess it may help if oyu know people in the industry, ie get to know some of the guys that actually own the companys.

C

casperh

sponsorship post #7
leeuw said:
you oughta look for a local shop...
make a sponsor-me video...
ask for discount sponsoring and if you'll be much better they must offer you full free stuff...

ride on, get sponsored, leeuw
are you being semi sponsored leeuw

E

EPMD

sponsorship post #8
I wanted to be sponsored before, but then i learned more what its about, what happens n shit and i would say the only plus is, is that they give you parts for free... so i dont really care anymore and i just ride for the fun of it and may enter a couple competitions down the road...

I

infantry43RIDER

sponsorship post #9
if you are professional sponsored you get paid for it...
if you are on the flow team you just get the free parts.

F

federal_rider12

sponsorship post #10
Mr_Shrapnel said:
hahhaa if it happens it happens man! i guess it may help if oyu know people in the industry, ie get to know some of the guys that actually own the companys.
i know a guy who owns a clothing company and i met a guy who worked for dk and i think he is sponsored by them and is starting a shop so we hit it off he also knows most of the guys who have rider owned companies and where his shop is at he will be the only person in a 20 mile area where you can buy their products from the guy specifically asked for that to get more business

E

evanc

sponsorship post #11
It's not all your skills. It's not the sponsor me tapes. It's more of who you know. Look at DBI.

New Topics