spokes

• Discuss spokes in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i got a problem with my spokes im gonna buy some new rims in a few weeks (sun big city's) ive got an high flangle hub: Sovos sb hubs i gonna buy 4... ...
  • Tags 180 bike bikes shop
T

Trails/street/bmx

spokes post #1
i got a problem with my spokes
im gonna buy some new rims in a few weeks (sun big city's)
ive got an high flangle hub:
Sovos sb hubs
i gonna buy 4 crossed spokes for 20 inch
do you know what kinda spokes i need :?

RuLe

RuLe

spokes post #2
call the bike shop

T

Trails/street/bmx

spokes post #3
i did call them and i sad what kinda rims and hubs and things i need and they have to be longer then 180 mm and they didnt say much more

T

Trails/street/bmx

spokes post #4
does anyone can calculate my spoke size

F

federal_rider12

spokes post #5
go to the g-sport website and i forget what its under, lacing or something i dont remember, and there is a link to take you to a website where you can calculate it. but i mean i cant even understand the damn directions to calculate the length, so if anything call up a mailorder and tell them the rims and hubs your using and they should know what you need and send them right away

M

Mr_Shrapnel

spokes post #6
to be honest you really need to just take it to a bike shop, and uinless you have a truing machine, you will pretty mush have to anyway, to get the rim true.

T

Trails/street/bmx

spokes post #7
do you fink they sell spokes at a bike shop for normal bikes,mtb bikes etc.
or i gonna have a look around there and see if they have spokes in the correct size annoying :x

M

Mr_Shrapnel

spokes post #8
they should sell them. there is no harm in asking is there?

F

federal_rider12

spokes post #9
yeah they are just spokes they come in many sizes and a shop would either have them or would have to order them. but go to a shop that does bmx too whether its just haros or all other brands

T

Trails/street/bmx

spokes post #10
i was going to my bikeshop here today
i asked if they had spokes for 20 inch
they said you have to calculate it :eh: what a service
i told i was gonna buy some new rims soon
then they said it was really hard to spoke yourself :eh:
that aint a answer on my question ah well i think im gonna calculate it tomorrow and if i cant calulate it ive got an problem but i think it will work
most riders ride 180mm i think

T

Trails/street/bmx

spokes post #11
i know what im gonna do
im gonna buy rims online
the spokes im gonna buy at the local bikeshop they can calculate it with my new rims

New Topics