spokes

• Discuss spokes in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; it seems that there's an difference between radial and crossed spokes for the lenght i want to know what length you need for crossed spokes (20 inch) ...
  • Tags bike gt mailorder shop
@

@:::BMXdevil:::@

spokes post #1
it seems that there's an difference between radial and crossed spokes for the lenght
i want to know what length you need for crossed spokes (20 inch)

F

federal_rider12

spokes post #2
it depends on the hub and rim too. spokes are different size for different hubs and rims and lacing patterns and whatever you do stick with 4 cross lace. and anyways i couldnt even tell you the length youd need its better to ask a shop or mailorder and when you order then them will send the right size

@

spokes post #3
can i measure (i got this word out a dictonary) the spokes my self

F

federal_rider12

spokes post #4
i dont know how the measure them i did find a way to measure but man you need an enginners degree to understand it!!!! i think i found it off the g sport website and it redirected me to a place and i was like 8O what are they talking about there is way way way way way way too much measuring!!! ill just let shops or mailorders find them for me by looking at a book and putting the hub and rim together and bam they know it

gorgorothrider

gorgorothrider

spokes post #5
F

federal_rider12

spokes post #6
oh god thats the calculator from hell!!! i dont understand that erd thing. maybe if i take the time to rread it carefully i could use that thing but man i hate it screw that calculator ill go to a shop and find out 100x easier

RuLe

RuLe

spokes post #7
or call

@

spokes post #8
im going to buy new rims and new spokes
or should i order rims and spoke them at the shop and order the spokes there? :roll:

@

spokes post #9
and is it difficult to spoke your wheels yourself

F

federal_rider12

spokes post #10
ok buy the rims and spokes at the same place it would be easier and quicker. now you can learn to lace your own wheel(save you money too) its not hard at all to me but its a pain bending the spokes to run spokes under another one and not scratch the rim. but when you are lacing i rim ive found its better to put some tape on the end to the spoke to keep it from scratching the rim.

heres a link to g-sport website about how to lace a wheel http://www.gsportbmx.co.uk/custom/wheel_build/wheels.html

@

spokes post #11
i still dont know what size spokes i need

F

federal_rider12

spokes post #12
you tell them what hub and rim and spoke pattern you want, which would be 4 cross, and they will know what size to get you just call them up and tell them everything. if you cant call the place where your ordering your rim(which you should be able to) then your going to have to go to a shop and tell them everything you got and might have to bring in the rim and hub so they can figure it out

S

sandmriderbmx

spokes post #13
if ucall dans comp and tell them wat hubs you have and say u want radial theyll send u the proper length

@

spokes post #14
can i measure up the diameter of my hub because i dont know what hubs i run and then i tell i need 4 crossed spokes and the diameter of my hub and the size of my rim

F

federal_rider12

spokes post #15
no they need to know what kind of hub it is to figure it out. if you can put up a pic and maybe i or someone else could figure it out

@

spokes post #16
i will send the picture to the site where i order then they may be to figure out what spokes i need

New Topics