Spokes ALWAYS come loose

• Discuss Spokes ALWAYS come loose in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i have a primo balance laced with primos. front wheel i always have to true and tighten spokes like every day its anoyying. am i not tightening... ...
alloverdajoint

alloverdajoint

Spokes ALWAYS come loose post #1
i have a primo balance laced with primos. front wheel
i always have to true and tighten spokes like every day its anoyying.

am i not tightening them enough??
because i can true them fine and do the like 1/2 spin first time around, check tension and keep going how ever much spins i have to do on the nipples
right now im tightening them and i want it to be my lasttime

tips?

bike ryder

bike ryder

Spokes ALWAYS come loose post #2
tigten them till they wont move when you touch them i guess. dont land hard and dont do so many 180s/360s. thats bout all i know

Air-Ox

Air-Ox

Spokes ALWAYS come loose post #3
How tight are they when you tighten them up. Can you move them when you squeeze them? Do another half turn on the nipples and see what happens.

alloverdajoint

alloverdajoint

Spokes ALWAYS come loose post #4
How tight are they when you tighten them up. Can you move them when you squeeze them? Do another half turn on the nipples and see what happens.
and when they are laced, i cannot move them, im in the middle of doing them like 1 full spin farther on each, their ok so far

tigten them till they wont move when you touch them i guess. dont land hard and dont do so many 180s/360s. thats bout all i know
ahh ***, i need my 360s and 180s lol
they always die on hop bars.

bike ryder

bike ryder

Spokes ALWAYS come loose post #5
yea my front spokes get loose from bars lol

JoeyWinkle

JoeyWinkle

Spokes ALWAYS come loose post #6
Primo spokes are quite notorious for coming loose...happens to my friend alot too, they also strip quite easy...he's running balance-primo spokes-primo N4

R

ridefly

Spokes ALWAYS come loose post #7
my primo spokes are over a hear old and never have any probs, hell i havent even broke one yet. if its in the front try not landing sideways when you 180. also did you build the wheels yourself and if so iam willing to bet you did not use spoke prep its basically loctite for the nipples. do not use a light oil like some say to do cause that just makes the nipps turn that much eaiser, only use that for truing

M

MATRIX

Spokes ALWAYS come loose post #8
i have a primo balance laced with primos. front wheel
i always have to true and tighten spokes like every day its anoyying.

am i not tightening them enough??
because i can true them fine and do the like 1/2 spin first time around, check tension and keep going how ever much spins i have to do on the nipples
right now im tightening them and i want it to be my lasttime

tips?
Take it to a Road bike or MTB shop, and have them do it. Ask to watch, they will tension it perfect. Tension is the issue.

mmm fit bikes

mmm fit bikes

Spokes ALWAYS come loose post #9
normaly brand new wheels have to have the spokes be broken in so if there new then this is normal
for new wheels after about 2-3 weeks the spoke will start to loosen and have to be trued (by a professional)
if it not new then your just doing it wrong take it to a shop it only costs 15-20 to true

jimbosz07

jimbosz07

Spokes ALWAYS come loose post #10
i think its called spoke freeze. basically loctite on the ends of the spokes. should stop that from happening

alloverdajoint

alloverdajoint

Spokes ALWAYS come loose post #11
yeah true, didnt use loctite.
but everything else was fine.
its really from landing hop bars to the side and everytime a nipple head will snap off.
it happened again so i took the whole wheel off and put on a crappy 48h haro wheel.
i really want my primo back but wont bother till i get new spokes and hub, but i am broke

before the primos i had spokes from a rear ody haz. that i laced up and nothing ever happened for the whole summer
ill just save for a new front 36h 24mm setup sometime

New Topics