Spindle Size

• Discuss Spindle Size in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Does anybody know the size of the Crank Spindle on stock Haro 8-spline spindles? They're 4130 Cromo with a Mid BB (sealed) I know theres a differnece... ...
JoeyWinkle

JoeyWinkle

Spindle Size post #1
Does anybody know the size of the Crank Spindle on stock Haro 8-spline spindles? They're 4130 Cromo with a Mid BB (sealed)
I know theres a differnece between the non-cromo ones and the cromo ones because, the bolt that tightens the arm onto the spindle on the end, is different. doe anyone know the size of the spindle so i can get new BB bearing because ive blown my ones.
thanks guys.

TheSamurai

TheSamurai

Spindle Size post #2
measure it. most likely 19mm.

Mr. Hoffman

Mr. Hoffman

Spindle Size post #3
All sealed 8 spline cranks are 20mm,im like 95% sure.

JoeyWinkle

JoeyWinkle

Spindle Size post #4
Really
Damn.
Arent Mid BB bearings in 20mm really hard to come by?

Mr. Hoffman

Mr. Hoffman

Spindle Size post #5
Which haro are they off?

JoeyWinkle

JoeyWinkle

Spindle Size post #6
Backtrail X3 '08.

Mr. Hoffman

Mr. Hoffman

Spindle Size post #7
Either 19mm or 20mm,take you friends 19mm bearings if they got some and see if you spindle fits,if it doesnt its 20mm.

JoeyWinkle

JoeyWinkle

Spindle Size post #8
LOL ok ill give that a go. +rep.

B0N0

B0N0

Spindle Size post #9
azman

azman

Spindle Size post #10
yep likely 20mm

andhey

andhey

Spindle Size post #11
theres sealed 20mm spanish and euro and probably a mid but i think dans is out of stock on em

2008HaroF3

2008HaroF3

Spindle Size post #12
just take out the old bearings,look on the seal for the the bearing code,and email/go to/ring the nearest bearing manufacturer(sp?) with the code,they should be able to make a set for you

JoeyWinkle

JoeyWinkle

Spindle Size post #13
K thanks, so i need the bearing code. would it be on that bearing code guide somewhere?
i'll search.

2008HaroF3

2008HaroF3

Spindle Size post #14
it might not be,but you can find the code on the bearings seal,the black rubber thing

New Topics