Spanish bb bearing

• Discuss Spanish bb bearing in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Yo just a quick question, when i go to the bearing shop what size bearings do i ask for for a 22mm spanish bb? ...
clicked

clicked

Spanish bb bearing post #1
Yo just a quick question, when i go to the bearing shop what size bearings do i ask for for a 22mm spanish bb?

sixdegrees

sixdegrees

Spanish bb bearing post #2
Yo just a quick question, when i go to the bearing shop what size bearings do i ask for for a 22mm spanish bb?
is there a number on the black seal on the side of the bearing ? if so thats the number ........

:)

Mathias

Mathias

Spanish bb bearing post #3
I would just ask for a 22mm spanish bb. They'll get the point.

Busades

Busades

Spanish bb bearing post #4
The 22mm bearing is derived from a standard bearing with the code 6904RS. This is a off the shelf bearing with a OD of 37mm, ID of 20mm and a width of 9mm. The 22mm Spanish bearing is made from this bearing, but the ID is machined out from 20mm to 22mm. So you cant just buy the 22mm Spanish bearing from a bearing shop.

Last edited:
sixdegrees

sixdegrees

Spanish bb bearing post #5
The 22mm bearing is derived from a standard bearing with the code 6904RS. This is a off the shelf bearing with a OD of 37mm, ID of 20mm and a width of 9mm. The 22mm Spanish bearing is made from this bearing, but the ID is machined out from 20mm to 22mm. So you cant just buy the 22mm Spanish bearing from a bearing shop.
Hmmm, there will be a bearing with a 22m ID surely, might not have the right width but OD and ID should be out there somewhere.

Busades

Busades

Spanish bb bearing post #6
Hmmm, there will be a bearing with a 22m ID surely, might not have the right width but OD and ID should be out there somewhere.

I just told you exactly how the 22mm Spanish is made, why the hell would a company put the time and energy into custom machining out a 20mm ID to 22mm ID if there was already an off the shelf bearing available with 22mm? The point is that the 22mm Spanish bearing is NOT an off the shelf bearing and is custom made FROM an off the shelf bearing. You are not able to buy a 22m Spanish bearing from your local bearing store without having it custom made.

The only bearing commercial available with a 22mm are not even remotely close to usable in a Spanish:

22mmx39mmx9mm
22mmx44mmx12mm
22mmx56mmx16mm

Last edited:
clicked

clicked

Spanish bb bearing post #7
You are not able to buy a 22m Spanish bearing from your local bearing store without having it custom made.
Dammit! But thanks so much for the help. You guys saved me the trouble.

New Topics