soon or later.

• Discuss soon or later. in the Cars/Trucks and Motorsports forum in area BMX-Forum Community - more stuff; So after looking at 24589743298572 different cars and going to 100 places i think im going to settle with getting a Jeep Grand Cherokee. im gonna look... ...
Tyler Ciervo

Tyler Ciervo

soon or later. post #1
So after looking at 24589743298572 different cars and going to 100 places i think im going to settle with getting a Jeep Grand Cherokee. im gonna look for one from like 96 and above. dont really wanna spend too much on it though.

Mods are gonna prob be 22" TIS 10, Alpine Head Unit, Alpine Amps and speakers, JL Audio Subs.

i'd throw a lift kit on it and make it off road but theres not much of that around by me anymore.

What is everyones opinion on Grand Cherokees and the Mods??

J

JustinE

soon or later. post #2
Get a Xj, those are sick if you lift them hahaha and relatively easy/cheap.

I don't like Jeeps that aren't lifted hahaha..

Q

Quen

soon or later. post #3
don't put stupid rims on it. just get some steelies or something. jeeps with rims are idiotic.

Punda Nose

Punda Nose

soon or later. post #4
Tyler Ciervo

Tyler Ciervo

soon or later. post #5
it doesnt look that bad. i guess it depends on your taste.

thats not my jeep, deff not gonna be that ugly. i want one thats all one color. no chrome, no accent crap. i'd really like an all black one though.

rideohio

rideohio

soon or later. post #6
Get the next gens. I used to have a boxy one like that and I hated it. XJ's are good too though. Rims are bad, all bad. Body lift and some tires are nice though, get a rack on top and youll be set. Either way they are nice though, very useful not so bad on gas if you get an I6.

Tyler Ciervo

Tyler Ciervo

soon or later. post #7
Get the next gens. I used to have a boxy one like that and I hated it. XJ's are good too though. Rims are bad, all bad. Body lift and some tires are nice though, get a rack on top and youll be set. Either way they are nice though, very useful not so bad on gas if you get an I6.
i was looking at next gens at first. anything good was around $10,000 or more just for the car. i could possibly go for it if i really wanted. but i'd rather get an older one and pay $3000. insurance is prob cheaper too. and i plan on modding it to get better gas milage.

K&N Air Intake
K&N Air Filter
Poweraid Throttle Body Spacer
E3 Spark Plugs
Switch Spark Plug Wires
Electric Fan (eventually)
New exhaust and muffler (eventually)

So yea, most of the stuff is cheap and will add a little horsepower along with a few added mpg =]

Q

Quen

soon or later. post #8
unibody=body lift impossible

oh and:

J

JustinE

soon or later. post #9
i was looking at next gens at first. anything good was around $10,000 or more just for the car. i could possibly go for it if i really wanted. but i'd rather get an older one and pay $3000. insurance is prob cheaper too. and i plan on modding it to get better gas milage.

K&N Air Intake
K&N Air Filter
Poweraid Throttle Body Spacer
E3 Spark Plugs
Switch Spark Plug Wires
Electric Fan (eventually)
New exhaust and muffler (eventually)

So yea, most of the stuff is cheap and will add a little horsepower along with a few added mpg =]
Throttle body spacers have been proven by independant companies + Consumer Report that they do not reconigze a horsepower increase.

Just buy a god dam Xj...lift it 3"...throw on some 15" black steelies with 33" BFG A/t's....or some MTR'S...and your set to go.

and throw in your stupid lil sound system you want so you can "SLAPZ" down the street.

Tyler Ciervo

Tyler Ciervo

soon or later. post #10
Throttle body spacers have been proven by independant companies + Consumer Report that they do not reconigze a horsepower increase.

Just buy a god dam Xj...lift it 3"...throw on some 15" black steelies with 33" BFG A/t's....or some MTR'S...and your set to go.

and throw in your stupid lil sound system you want so you can "SLAPZ" down the street.
yea but whats the point? i'd have to drive all the way upstate new york if i wanted to go offroad. im not gonna lift it and stuff to do nothing with it.

J

JustinE

soon or later. post #11
then why buy a jeep..whats the point to buy a jeep to put 20" chrome rims on it..go buy a fricking Honda Civic or whatever else you people buy rims on.

at least put steelies on 29" a/t's..or somethin.

Tyler Ciervo

Tyler Ciervo

soon or later. post #12
then why buy a jeep..whats the point to buy a jeep to put 20" chrome rims on it..go buy a fricking Honda Civic or whatever else you people buy rims on.

at least put steelies on 29" a/t's..or somethin.
i hate cars. especially small ones. only cars i would ever buy are big bmw's or mercedes. way out of the price range. haha. jeep is the only thing i could find thats decent.

Q

Quen

soon or later. post #13
i hate cars. especially small ones. only cars i would ever buy are big bmw's or mercedes. way out of the price range. haha. jeep is the only thing i could find thats decent.
what? you were talking about getting a lincon truck before... get an old m3 or 3 series... if you want an suv to put rims on get a cadalac or lincon or something that all those gangsta rappers drive. rims on a jeep are just wrong and if you aren't going to do something right then why do it at all?

Tyler Ciervo

Tyler Ciervo

soon or later. post #14
what? you were talking about getting a lincon truck before... get an old m3 or 3 series... if you want an suv to put rims on get a cadalac or lincon or something that all those gangsta rappers drive. rims on a jeep are just wrong and if you aren't going to do something right then why do it at all?
m3 and 3 series are too small. you dont understand, i've grown up with trucks. right now we have a 1999 Suburban, 2003 Silverado Crew Cab 2500HD, and a 2002 F-350 Crew Cab. My uncle had a 745Li and a Yukon. Smallest car i go in (not anymore really) was my grandmas 1994 626. but that is the biggest in its class! now she has an 08 Accord which is pretty big. small cars just arent my thing. im not gonna spend money to lift a jeep and then not use it. i would get an f-150 ext. cab, but i cant find one at a good price.

Q

Quen

soon or later. post #15
m3 and 3 series are too small. you dont understand, i've grown up with trucks. right now we have a 1999 Suburban, 2003 Silverado Crew Cab 2500HD, and a 2002 F-350 Crew Cab. My uncle had a 745Li and a Yukon. Smallest car i go in (not anymore really) was my grandmas 1994 626. but that is the biggest in its class! now she has an 08 Accord which is pretty big. small cars just arent my thing. im not gonna spend money to lift a jeep and then not use it. i would get an f-150 ext. cab, but i cant find one at a good price.
well your plan if putting rims on it is totally illegitimate too since rims do nothing but make braking worse and make your car look"better"(stupid). just because you've always been around one sort of thing doesn't mean you can't change.... but that's part of a bigger problem that i don't want to get into right now lol.... uh then get a 7 series bmw. i always see drug dealers with big ugly rims cruising around in those around east la and oakland...

but uh i give up. there's no way to change you people. get the jeep and put rims on it and be happy :D disregard all my comments.

Jeff_Healitt

Jeff_Healitt

soon or later. post #16
Quen... Unibody body lift is impossible?

How so!?

Q

Quen

soon or later. post #17
Quen... Unibody body lift is impossible?

How so!?
unibody means the frame and body are together. there is no separation between the two where you would normally put bushings to do a body lift. you can lift it with suspension, but you can't do a body lift.

Jeff_Healitt

Jeff_Healitt

soon or later. post #18
^^^
I always call that hard mounted... and unibody a solid frame with no sub frame and a solid body... like my truck.

Okay different terms I see what you are saying.

New Topics