Some people have no damn respect.

• Discuss Some people have no damn respect. in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; [COLOR="Green"][B][SIZE="3"]Some people have no damn respect:[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] [B][SIZE="1"]The story of a bike, a car, and a really ****ed up tire... ...
Rock Force

Rock Force

Some people have no damn respect. post #1
Some people have no damn respect:
The story of a bike, a car, and a really ****ed up tire.

I recently came to the decision to sell my flatland bike because of bigger things in my life. However, I kept my street bike. This bike is far from nice, but it isn't a POS either. I love this bike with all of my heart, just like I'm sure anyone else would, so for it to get messed up still sucks. I put a good amount of money into it, and just recently bought two ASM's to see how they ride and to mix things up for a change.

Now, I have a job, and I would consider myself a pretty financially stable 16 year old. I made about $2500 last summer, and invested a good $650 of that into both of my bikes. Even with a decent income during the summer, I can't really spend much on my bike during the year because I have more important things I need to buy. Even so, I scraped together some extra cash to buy the new tires and tubes, which can be difficult for a student with no job during the year. It may not be an issue for some people, but for a lot of younger riders such as myself, even buying a set of tires can be tough. Even so, the ASM's were working great; I liked them a lot better than the crappy diamondback tires I had on before.

I decided to put these tires to the test. I threw a couple pegs on my bike and went on my way to one of the better street spots in my area. I was going pretty hard on these tires, and damn they were holding up well. Ledges several feet high, rusty rails, a few hard falls, and still these things were holding up well. These bitches were tough. I can say that I'll definitely be buying them the next time I need new tires.

Now is where the fun begins. I was riding back from my street session, at a spot about 20 minutes from my house. At this point it was probably about 9PM and was getting quite dark. Knowing I had no brakes, I was careful and all the good stuff like a brakeless rider should be. Cars don't know that I have no brakes, so when riding I have to be weary of cars and of course, getting hit. I was never really concerned about getting hit by a car because I consider myself a pretty careful person. Either way, it was dark, and I wasn't about to take any chances, so I moved home slowly and attentively.

Woo! I was turning onto the street by my house. I had made it home safely, with no injuries besides those sustained while I was streeting it up a little earlier. Or so I thought.

I was on the corner of my street getting ready to turn into my house, and I saw a car approaching. Knowing I was the bike and they probably wanted me to move, I stepped aside and put on foot on the curb thinking that I was out of the way. There was a large crack in the sidewalk that I was standing by, and I made sure to avoid it because it looked like a shitty place for a tire to be. And just for reference, the street corner is enormous, with more than enough room for this car to drive around me with several feet to spare. Now, I don't know what it is about me. Maybe I'm an ugly **** and she wanted to hit me, maybe she had a near-death experience with a BMX bike earlier in her life, maybe she just didn't like bikes. Whatever the reason was, this stupid lady swerved in my direction so fast that I was in fear of my life (not really). I wasn't concerned about myself, though. I was concerned about my damn bike with a large amount of my income invested into it.

I jumped the **** out of the way, pulling my bike with me. The lady hit the curb, and had I not moved, this dumb bitch would've hit me. WHOOOOOSH! I heard my tire leaking like my bladder after a few bottles of water. "Shit", I thought. There goes my new tire.

Now, I wouldn'tve been so upset if this lady would've stopped to see what was up. But of course, I'm just another dumbass kid on a bike. She looked back and saw me laying on my back holding my bike, appeared to think for a second, then got the hell out of there. She high tailed it off of my street, before I even got the chance to do something about it. I was pissed. My hand was cut up, and I had a tire leaking, but didn't know why. Upon realizing that this lady was long gone and there was nothing I could do about it, I got up to assess the damage. Apparently as I was jumping out of the way, my tire scraped the crack that I had avoided before and got torn the **** up.

Now, this hole was not something repairable. I've patched plenty of tires and tubes in my BMX lifetime, but this thing was ****ed up beyond all repair. It was completely out of air. 110 PSI gone in an instant. The tire which I had tried so hard to **** up earlier to no avail had gotten knocked the **** out by this sidewalk. Yes, my tire got owned by a sidewalk. It had a good 3 inch gash, and at this point I was pretty pissed. Not only had this lady caused me a ****ed up tire, but she would've hit me if I wouldn'tve moved, and not only that, but she wanted nothing to do with me upon seeing that she ****ed up my bike. She drove the hell out of there, thinking that I was probably another stupid kid. Whatever the hell she was thinking, it certainly wasn't respect.

Now, I'm left here with a ****ed up tire and hand, and there's not a thing I can do about it. Now, I have to spend another $20 to go buy another tire and tube, and I can't ride until I do so. It's not the spending another $20 that pisses me off. I don't give a damn about that. It's the fact that this lady wanted nothing to do with me after seeing what she did. Sometimes I just don't understand people. To her, I was just another dumb kid on a bike, and that's how a lot of people see us. I wish she would've stopped to help, but it's too late for that. People need to grow a pair and own up to what they do. For now, however, I can't ride, I have a messed up tire, and I've come to realize something which I had thought about before but never really thought about too deeply:

Some people have no damn respect.

Vita

Vita

Some people have no damn respect. post #2
Nice post, I agree with you. To drivers we're just idiots on bikes. Sucks bad.

Glad you're ok though, could have been much worse if you hadn't acted quickly.

ATP

ATP

Some people have no damn respect. post #3
I ****ING HATE when people swirve at you, I would seriously attempt fighting anybody who does it if I could....

Rock Force

Rock Force

Some people have no damn respect. post #4
Yeah, it's quite obnoxious.

Glad to see some people read it, though :p

copperoom

copperoom

Some people have no damn respect. post #5
set up a cardboard person on the edge of the street with a really crappy bike and see if that gets hit that way they **** up there car instead of you.

A

AaronBMX

Some people have no damn respect. post #6
that sucks glad drivers are good around here:)

godbarber

godbarber

Some people have no damn respect. post #7
i can't be the only person that would've thrown a hissy and kicked the shit out of her car.

Anyway thats shit, shoulda' got her liscene plate number man. Can't you just put one of your shitty diamondback tyres on for now though?

B

band aid

Some people have no damn respect. post #8
i never really have any problems wit drivers or pedestrians around here. :)

S

spanerman

Some people have no damn respect. post #9
id of got her plates and reported a hit and run accident

R

ridealot100

Some people have no damn respect. post #10
riding home one day some stupid guy on a cell phone clipped my back wheel becuase he took a turn to mellow and it spun me around and threw me off my bike. My rim was just destroyed and he gave me 200 bucks (probably so i wouldnt sue him or something) and i just shrugged it off and bought a new wheel.:lol:

The fact that she drove away is ****ed up.... I hate people

Beanie

Beanie

Some people have no damn respect. post #11
i hate it when people try to drive away.

last year, i got my liscense, couldnt till i was 18, and my dad bought a truck for us to share, so i have it not even a week, drove to the park to ride, parked at the furthest end of the lot, rode good, bunch of kids jus thanging out, some black blazer with loud rap playing subs comes in, talks to someone, peels out in reverse and leaves, almost hits my truck that time... i shrug it off and just say their idiots. about 20 minutes later they come back.. THEY DO THE SAME THING.. only this time... they plowed right into my back bumper... mind you ive only got to drive the damned truck for 4 days after getting the broken radiator replaced....

the driver got out and looked at my bumper in confusion, and he was walking back to get in and leave and one of my friends whos pretty huge stopped them, they were gonna try to leave the scene!

i looked at my chrome bumper... didnt see anything wrong with it, a penny sized dent is all i could see, the bumper had some rust but it was still great condition... looked at his bumper, it was polycarbonate or fiberglass, whatever most bumpers are made of these days.. it was tore up and half of it was on the ground in shattered peices.

not wanting to deal with the fuss of cops and insurance, i let him go, mostly because the dent in my bumper was so small it was probably there before, theres no bikes allowed in the park, and there were a bunch of bikers, so i didnt want the cops to come and make the bikers leave, and also the cops would pull their bullshit "you 2 settle it with insurance"

same thing happened to my friends brother, some kid he didnt like was tailgaiting him, so he brakechecked when he turned and got rear ended pretty hard, cops didnt do shit, after a month of bitching at his insurance, he got HALF the money for the repair :roll:

Rock Force

Rock Force

Some people have no damn respect. post #12
Yeah, that sucks. I have so many stories with hit and runs that it's not even worth typing, but whatever. I tried to see her license, but it was really dark and I couldn't see it. The cops don't give a shit about the BMX'ers around here anyways.

It really sucks that she drove away though. Damn.

KoolAidGuy

KoolAidGuy

Some people have no damn respect. post #13
way to make a long story short...

jk but sucks about the tire man

sledneckadam

sledneckadam

Some people have no damn respect. post #14
set up a cardboard person on the edge of the street with a really crappy bike and see if that gets hit that way they **** up there car instead of you.
First add a mailbox behind the cardboard figure then watch and laugh hisaricly.

Man that is fed up I agree with ATP if anyone hit me or tryed to I'd fight them not caring how old they are or how big unless there huge.

If you see her slash her tires.

kickemos1664

kickemos1664

Some people have no damn respect. post #15
im glad you didnt get messed up dude.

i tell ya, women drivers xD

na. i would deserv it if i got hit by a car because i like to ride in trafic agressively(gives me adrenaline.)

but now im worried about the ASM im ordering since your asm ripped on a side walk.

Rock Force

Rock Force

Some people have no damn respect. post #16
Man you shouldn't be worried about the ASM, it held up fine to everything I threw at it, it just got stuck in a huge crack with a really sharp edge. Besides that it works great.

I drove around the neighborhood a bit after and looked for her car, but I didn't find her. If I did, damn, but I don't think she lives in the neighborhood. Oh well.

sledneckadam

sledneckadam

Some people have no damn respect. post #17
That blows nuts.

NEWRIDE

NEWRIDE

Some people have no damn respect. post #18
im glad you didnt get messed up dude.

i tell ya, women drivers xD

na. i would deserv it if i got hit by a car because i like to ride in trafic agressively(gives me adrenaline.)

but now im worried about the ASM im ordering since your asm ripped on a side walk.
Yeah trust me, I got one in the front and its really good. Supper grippy and durable. Any tire would tear if forcefully dragged through a sharp, concrete crack. I'm sure he pulled on that thing with all his might to avoid the car.

Sorry to hear about the incident, next time try really hard to get the license number. When its not dark, of course. Be happy your ok at least.

Wildbill

Wildbill

Some people have no damn respect. post #19
I was on my way to school one morning about 7 years ago. I was riding the normal route to school that i always rode. The 2nd to last block at my school i had just crossed, as i crossed it there was a car stopped at the stop sign. They clearly saw me ride infront of them. As i passed the car, the idiot driver started to drive to early and clipped my back tire. Nothing serious was done but i was really mad the person was so careless and could have nocked me off my bike and hurt me.

You really got to be carefull when travelling on a bike, motrocycle, etc.. I can not tell you how many times i've had people pull out or cut me off very abruptly on my motorcycle. Each time id have to swerve very quickly to get out the way. Luckily i never had a car in the adjacent lane to get in my way.

Glad your not hurt too badly either.

T

Timthekid

Some people have no damn respect. post #20
that sux.

ive never had that kind of problem and i ride on mian roads alot.

i no wat it is like to have almost no income, it sux,.

New Topics