some new rims

• Discuss some new rims in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; im looking for some new rims im thinking about a alex mx22 36h front, would this be strong enough for street? and i have no idea for the rear except... ...
  • Tags street
F

FT rider

some new rims post #1
im looking for some new rims im thinking about a alex mx22 36h front, would this be strong enough for street?
and i have no idea for the rear except im not a fan of primo or odyssey, any suggestions? i already have a hub just asking about rimes here, for street

and does anyone have the maddog bars, they anygood?

fitvanhoman666

fitvanhoman666

some new rims post #2
primo makes good rims and they are strong enough for street

L

leon_luxton

some new rims post #3
dont matter if ya a fan of odyssey or not..they are THE BEST so go for the hazard lite rims man :D

F

FT rider

some new rims post #4
no i hate primo since my excels snapped on me, and my odyssey hazard hub snapped the axle too, like in a few weeks

so are there many good sun or alex rims? how about sun kingpins for the rear?

S

sandmriderbmx

some new rims post #5
i would trust alex though i havent ridden tht rim, i have sun bg citys and i ride street and haent had any prob;lems, there double wall but there made for street

O

oibmxpunx

some new rims post #6
leon_luxton said:
dont matter if ya a fan of odyssey or not..they are THE BEST so go for the hazard lite rims man :D
f*ck yeah man odyssey all the way

gorgorothrider

gorgorothrider

some new rims post #7
I ride a alex mx-22 36h in front and it has held great
i trued it only once in a year

and the mad dog bars that i ride are ok but in my opinion 5 degre of sweep is not enought and there are so small (6 3/4 rise) but if you ride street and like small narrow bar there great and strong
but don't think about pulling turndowns and lookbacks

M

Mr_Shrapnel

some new rims post #8
just saying "will this rim hold out on street?" is not enough infomation for anyone to recommend a rim. wheels are of the most importatnt parts of any bike, and they can, and should be customised to perfectly suite your needs, one rim may be good for one person, but not good for someone else.

first you have to decide if you want a tall rim or not. no matter what tall rim you get, getting tires on and off will be a pain.
then you should work out how tough you are on rims, and get the lightest rim possible, which you will also not destroy in a couple of seconds.

front rims do not take as much damage as the rear so you can probably afford to go for a lighter one such as a:

sunn rhyno lite xl
araya x7
odyssey hazard lite (tall rim)
sun bfr (tall) but is also pinned not welded so will be weaker, but may be ok on the front
araya/velocity aero

for the rear you will probably want something with a bit more beef so you could try:

odyssay hazard lite (only if you are quite smooth) (tall rim)
primo hoola hoop (tall rim, strong but maybe a little heavy)
demolition low wall
sun big city

it it was me, (which its not) i would go for a sun rhyno lite xl front, and a sun big city in the rear. if the rear was too heavy (600g for the rim) i would compensate this by making every other spoke double butted titanium. the strength/weight/wallet friendly solution.

I

infantry43RIDER

some new rims post #9
fitvanhoman666 said:
primo makes good rims and they are strong enough for street
yea dude...the hula hoops that primo makes are super strong...personally i would recommend these.

F

federal_rider12

some new rims post #10
hey man i hate primo ive had problems with them and my friends have had problems with them and im not a fan of odyssey but i dont hate them. but anyways the demolition rim is awesome and so is the sun big city 4-play and bfr. check those out those all are great rims and i ride the demolition and sun 4-play. i have also had mx-22 and i hurried up and got the demolitions because i hate single wall rims since i always seam to land hard and loosen spokes and they shoot out and pop the tube even with the rim strip in it.

L

leon_luxton

some new rims post #11
FT rider said:
no i hate primo since my excels snapped on me, and my odyssey hazard hub snapped the axle too, like in a few weeks

so are there many good sun or alex rims? how about sun kingpins for the rear?
hey email odyssey and primo and tell em what happened..they will give ya a new one :D

S

sandmriderbmx

some new rims post #12
primo sux :nono:

X

XIII

some new rims post #13
I say Odysey hazard lites or primo hulahoops and I have a Hula Hoop in the back because I bent my MX-22 and I couldnt hardly bunny hop... thats how weak it was

definetly do NOT get MX-22's especially 36H

My back wheel is Odyssey Hazard cassette on a chrome Hulahoop so i have the odyeesy and Primo in one :)

P

[PRIMO]

some new rims post #14
id go tripple wall back and doubble wall front the combo i had in mind were the hazard lite rim back and sun bfr front just to save weight and go with whatever hub you want.

New Topics