some help with my dirt jumping please!

• Discuss some help with my dirt jumping please! in the Dirt Jumping forum in area BMX-Forum Community; well i have only been dirt jumping for a week but i can't seem to do any good at them. I know most of you will say practice practice and practice. but... ...
swiftmover

swiftmover

some help with my dirt jumping please! post #1
well i have only been dirt jumping for a week but i can't seem to do any good at them. I know most of you will say practice practice and practice. but every time i seem to be progressing i just fall off and injure my self. i know i should practice and i will but i was wondering if any of you had any good ways that helped you get started and builded up your confidence at the beginning.
thanks chris

danpluso

danpluso

some help with my dirt jumping please! post #2
i was wondering if any of you had any good ways that helped you get started and builded up your confidence at the beginning.
thanks chris
Practice :lol: :lol:

If you are only hitting crappy jumps you won't be able to progress that fast. I noticed a big difference in my jumping when I started hitting nicer jumps. If the jump is too small it will be harder to get a good launch off it, or it will whip you into the air really harsh. You want it to be long enough that your bike can roll up it smooth. 3 feet is a good height to start with and start out with mellow lips (Not that steep) and then when you get better make the lip steeper so you get more air.

Some people say to do a Bunny hop motion when you leave the jump, but I don't really do that... In fact when I try to bunny hop I don't jump as well. It is hard to explain what I do, so I won't (been sitting at computer for 5 minutes trying to think of how to describe it).

Also, if you get scared try wearing protection gear. If you are wearing protection gear then you will feel safer and not be as worried to fall. I like to use a Full face helmet, Knee pads, and shin pads when I am trying bigger jumps then what I am used to.

Last edited:
M

m419bmx

some help with my dirt jumping please! post #3
If you are only hitting crappy jumps you won't be able to progress that fast
very very true. well constructed and taken care of trails will help you progress alot faster.

but it also comes down to the practice. ive riden dirt all my life and the experiance really helps. just keep at it you will get better!

StandardRidr250s

StandardRidr250s

some help with my dirt jumping please! post #4
i started at a young age and gathered my nuts. they guided me the rest of the way. as long as there stil there ill hit nething(hot grl or dirt jumps)

Minitrix

Minitrix

some help with my dirt jumping please! post #5
Take off your brakes.

D

Dylan Haro

some help with my dirt jumping please! post #6
Well
1. Show us a pic of your jumps/trails
2. Get some mates there to egg you on so you want to impress them
3. Make sure your hit it straight on and not to the side

SandMbiker57

SandMbiker57

some help with my dirt jumping please! post #7
well depends on wat jumps u are riding tables doubles step ups or mini type jumps it all depends u just need to practice the jump ur doing if ur falling alot what i whould do is get use to hard landings so go ledge of off something like4 feet and get used to asboring the shock and later on with a little practice ull be able to pump and have style in ur jumping along with little other fun tweaks that come with riding dirt

I

iridesimplebikes

some help with my dirt jumping please! post #8
definatly wear a helmet when jumping a large double that you know you might smash your front wheel on cause thats wat i done yesterday i had flipped over forwards and the bike landed on my head i later had a look at the helmet and noticed an axle shaped dent in it!!

B

Biking2112

some help with my dirt jumping please! post #9
definatly wear a helmet when jumping a large double that you know you might smash your front wheel on cause thats wat i done yesterday i had flipped over forwards and the bike landed on my head i later had a look at the helmet and noticed an axle shaped dent in it!!
you wouldhave been toast...

Superbeast

Superbeast

some help with my dirt jumping please! post #10
yea i used to fall alot, im stopping now but wearing a helmet or somethin will help confidence because then at least u know that part of ur head is not going to get hurt, and yea if they are crappy jumps, try finding a bit better ones because that can be the difference

M

monkeyonabike

some help with my dirt jumping please! post #11
you fall alot at first, it is just practise. it also comes down to not being scared of the jump.

New Topics