So, what makes my bike suck? (and a crank question)

• Discuss So, what makes my bike suck? (and a crank question) in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; First of all, this isn't a thread to start arguments. I'm just wondering what makes other bikes alot better than mine. I've got a Diamondback '04... ...
  • Tags bike bikes metal bikes se bikes
T

TravisE

So, what makes my bike suck? (and a crank question) post #1
First of all, this isn't a thread to start arguments. I'm just wondering what makes other bikes alot better than mine.

I've got a Diamondback '04 Joker. I went riding with some friends who were riding WeThePeople, DK and Metal bikes. When they rode mine they all said the same thing..."Man, that bike is really smooth". That's right, they all liked it. Granted, I know it's heavy, the brakes suck and the rims, other than being 48's, aren't anything to brag about. But what's the deal with everyone immediately choking these bikes up as nothing but junk? Have you tried one?

Another question while I'm typing, what do you think of the DK Iron Cross Crank? Are they pretty good?

Thanks in advance.

H

headhunter555

So, what makes my bike suck? (and a crank question) post #2
Actuly i sorta like DBs my friend has a older Joker, i think like a 2000 or 2001. its PRetty nice still a little weak since its only got 3/8 axles but i belive ur being a 04 would have 14MM front and converters in the back. I was actuly considering a DB sherman, until i found out what they want for them!

And i think u mean the DK Iron Cross Spocket. i think they are pretty stong but ive never used one or know anyone that has.

U

ukingdom

So, what makes my bike suck? (and a crank question) post #3
DK Sprocket

II had the Dk i ron cross sprocket but I have a thing for FBM, but what I can tell you is that it would definatly enhance the bike you have now.

T

TravisE

So, what makes my bike suck? (and a crank question) post #4
That's kinda my idea. I wanted a better bike, but at the same time I wanted to start riding now instead of waiting until I could afford more...which may have been a while. Since I'm running out of summer, I wanted to get some riding in before it got too cold.

I plan on adding new bars, sprocket (thanks for the right terminology HH), brakes and wheels. Eventually, I'll buy a new frame and after all of the add-ons, I'll have a new bike. :wink: Sound like a plan?

H

headhunter555

So, what makes my bike suck? (and a crank question) post #5
NP dude. Sounds like a great plan, theres no propblem with ur bike right now, im guessing ur still learning anyways so it should be plenty, but now when u buy new parts go all out. save a little longer and get triple wall rims instead of double. Chromoly bars instead of steel.

T

TravisE

So, what makes my bike suck? (and a crank question) post #6
Yeah, right on. I'm already looking at some FBM bars and I think I'm probably gonna try that Iron Cross sprocket if I can pick it up for a decent price. Unlike alot of the newbs here, I have trouble saving money because of rent, car payment, insurance and a wife watching my every move. I feel like I'm 13 when I post "saving up for stuff". LOL. :D

Basically, I have to let my job bouncing at the bar pay for my bike. Trust me, I don't get paid enough for being in harms way. :?

Thanks guys.

H

headhunter555

So, what makes my bike suck? (and a crank question) post #7
yeah i know how u feel though! im only 17 and i just got a new Free Agent Stiletto, till now i had a bike that wasnt even worth putting money into, and now im going hop up crazy wanting to get some pedals and a spocket, and a bunch of other things i cant afford yet!

S

Skid

So, what makes my bike suck? (and a crank question) post #8
In my opinion no bike sucks, it all depends on how you ride, I'd say that something like one of those Hyper Demo bikes is fine for someone, unless you take lots of drops and are relatively smooth then it should take a bit for the bike to get ****ed, like I've said before, just cause its a big name or is sold at a department store doesen't mean it sucks.

E

evanc

So, what makes my bike suck? (and a crank question) post #9
I've got a Diamondback '04 Joker. I went riding with some friends who were riding WeThePeople, DK and Metal bikes. When they rode mine they all said the same thing..."Man, that bike is really smooth".
You can have any bike set up 'smooth', all it takes is patience and willingness to work on it.

That's right, they all liked it. Granted, I know it's heavy, the brakes suck and the rims, other than being 48's, aren't anything to brag about. But what's the deal with everyone immediately choking these bikes up as nothing but junk?
The components suck. The material is of poor quality, and the welds are not very good

Have you tried one?
Yup.

[/quote]Another question while I'm typing, what do you think of the DK Iron Cross Crank? Are they pretty good?[/quote]

If you mean the sprocket, then it's shit. Don't bother with it.

T

TravisE

So, what makes my bike suck? (and a crank question) post #10
evanc said:
If you mean the sprocket, then it's shit. Don't bother with it.
Care to mention why?

Also, the welds on the DB must not be too bad. I haven't broken it yet. :)

I

infantry43RIDER

So, what makes my bike suck? (and a crank question) post #11
you will break them if you ride hard over time man.

that sprocket just sucks too...get like a animal sprocket or tree or something.

New Topics