snipping bars

• Discuss snipping bars in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i want to snip my bars :D down but dont no how to do it propely!? can anyone throw me some hintz? plzzzz! ...
  • Tags barspin
M

MONGOOSE_MENACE_UK

snipping bars post #1
i want to snip my bars :D down but dont no how to do it propely!? can anyone throw me some hintz? plzzzz!

T

Trimix

snipping bars post #2
Tubing cutters designed for copper plumbing pipes work, hack saws work (although not as pretty),and the BEST I have found is a reciprocating sawzall, with a bimetal blade will whip the ends off like butter.

V

Vic_Vega

snipping bars post #3
use pipe cutters(the hardware store is the rider's friend) and try and get it even. I recommend marking it first(just a suggestion :) )

Someone told me a hacksaw will work, but I'm not sure if they work good on chromoly.

M

MONGOOSE_MENACE_UK

snipping bars post #4
ye thanks! hey need snippin there to long for bar spins, it doesnt feel the same doing them off the back pegs

I

infantry43RIDER

snipping bars post #5
well you don't really need to cut your bars down for barspins...unless you have monsters...you need to be able to pinch your seat with your knees then you can barspin...but anyways hacksaws do work but they take a longer time if you just used some electic bar cutter.

M

MONGOOSE_MENACE_UK

snipping bars post #6
i have try this

i cant pinch my seat? what position should my seat be in? it is tilted backwards now! i

I

infantry43RIDER

snipping bars post #7
its hard to explain cause barspins are an easier trick...

bunnyhop and just bring your knees back by your seat so you can throw the bars.

A

anti-flag

snipping bars post #8
i used a hack saw to cut my bars down and it worked fine

M

MONGOOSE_MENACE_UK

snipping bars post #9
A HACKSAW

did it take long? how did you keep em straight?

I

infantry43RIDER

snipping bars post #10
the first set of bars i had i cut them down with a hacksaw because thats all i had...it took me like 20 minutes per end...but to keep it straight just hold the bike good i guess.

M

MONGOOSE_MENACE_UK

snipping bars post #11
i have found someone that will lend me a pipe cutter and they have 2 of them, a 15mm and a 20mm pipe cutter which one of these should i use?

T

Trimix

snipping bars post #12
The one that is big enough to fit around the bars. :lol:

M

MONGOOSE_MENACE_UK

snipping bars post #13
ok then?

has anyone ever used a pipecutter on there bars? if so is easy and does it take ages?the ones that i have lent are for copper pipes i have them here with me now will theses ones work?

M

MONGOOSE_MENACE_UK

snipping bars post #14
done them

i ended up taking a inch and a half off both ends, they are nice and small now, i bused a simple 22mm pipecutter and it took ten minuts tops, very easy.

M

MONGOOSE_MENACE_UK

snipping bars post #15
i mean used and minutes, no one correct me because i done it myself!

New Topics