Snapped my chain... On the inside of the link...

• Discuss Snapped my chain... On the inside of the link... in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I am so blue... Not blue like my bike, but it blows... Not only that, but when it jumped the chain ring, I also re-injured myself... I had hyper... ...
wickyman

wickyman

Snapped my chain... On the inside of the link... post #1
I am so blue... Not blue like my bike, but it blows... Not only that, but when it jumped the chain ring, I also re-injured myself... I had hyper extended my foot last week, and now it's back... :(

Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris

Snapped my chain... On the inside of the link... post #2
Sucks =/, but I personally love riding riding chainless, fakies are fun.

Tyler Ciervo

Tyler Ciervo

Snapped my chain... On the inside of the link... post #3
get a Shadow Interlock v2 chain. they;re not "unbreakable" but they hold up to more abuse than a regular chain.

wickyman

wickyman

Snapped my chain... On the inside of the link... post #4
I wish I could find a chain I couldn't break... Funniest thing is, I can't figure out how the hell I did it. I wasn't even pulling that hard on it... Seriously! :D I was just sitting, and pedaling like normal... I wonder if it just stretched and ripped, or if rust was a factor?

Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris

Snapped my chain... On the inside of the link... post #5
do you do a lot of chain pressures?

wickyman

wickyman

Snapped my chain... On the inside of the link... post #6
I race... I haven't raced on the chain though... Just usual sprints, starting off slow, then speeding up... Not a ton of pressure on the chain, and I run it pretty tight, not 100% tight. It's got a little play.

wickyman

wickyman

Snapped my chain... On the inside of the link... post #7
I probably run the chain at about 90% pressure... Give or take. Not enough to kill the bushings, but enough to keep it on the freewheel just right... Not only did that snap,but somehow my freewheel snapped also... Something inside is causing it to ghost... I wouldn't doubt that I destroyed the bearings in that. Which is all good, going to a shimano freewheel next! I miss my shimano to begin with... Shitty assed ditca freewheels... lolz!

wickyman

wickyman

Snapped my chain... On the inside of the link... post #8
Gah, I killed another thread, and this time, it was my own! :D

ruzakruzak

ruzakruzak

Snapped my chain... On the inside of the link... post #9
Rust was involved of course, never use a rusty chain. If you seek a bit you'll see KMC makes a wide range of bike chains including rust-protected ones, even for hardcore uses like in BMX or fixies. Get one.

E

evilchris50

Snapped my chain... On the inside of the link... post #10
dude, i've been there, i snapped my mechanik half link riding up a hill with my rear wheel slammed in my dropouts, then road chainless for a while, its reealy fun

wickyman

wickyman

Snapped my chain... On the inside of the link... post #11
I had a KMC rust proof... It was shit! Apparently. lolz

RCmafiABMX

RCmafiABMX

Snapped my chain... On the inside of the link... post #12
I killed my KMC chain just riding also. It was a crappy stock one though. I have a Shadow Interlock V2 now and it is awesmoe. Definetly a nice strong chain.

New Topics