smoothing my bar ends

• Discuss smoothing my bar ends in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; hey i just did the barbaric thing of cutting my bars down with a hacksaw, but now theyre pretty rough. got any ideas of making it smooother? i used a... ...
M

matt_n

smoothing my bar ends post #1
hey i just did the barbaric thing of cutting my bars down with a hacksaw, but now theyre pretty rough. got any ideas of making it smooother? i used a file but it didnt seem to do much. i dont wanna get bar ends.... yet cause im bit low on cash.

K

keep it real

smoothing my bar ends post #2
just get out the friendly angle grinder to smooth it off, and if you don't own one of those, then work at it for a whille with your file...

Clutch

Clutch

smoothing my bar ends post #3
matt_n said:
hey i just did the barbaric thing of cutting my bars down with a hacksaw, but now theyre pretty rough. got any ideas of making it smooother? i used a file but it didnt seem to do much. i dont wanna get bar ends.... yet cause im bit low on cash.
Use some oil with the file, it doesn't have to be anything special... Olive oil or something will do just fine.

Pour some oil all over the file then start filing it again and you should be good.

New Topics