small gearing or new frame

• Discuss small gearing or new frame in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i have a mosh casette w/ 13-36 gearing i was thinking of upgrading to 9-25 or should save up $150(us) more and get a MUTINY SINISTER FRAME i want the... ...
G

small gearing or new frame post #1
i have a mosh casette w/ 13-36 gearing i was thinking of upgrading to 9-25
or should save up $150(us) more and get a MUTINY SINISTER FRAME i want the pink one or purple one
i have a 03 mosh brass 3 star frame same as 4 star
its perty nice but a little heavy compared to the new light frame now.

RuLe

RuLe

small gearing or new frame post #2
gearing!@!!!!!@!!@!#@$!

O

oibmxpunx

small gearing or new frame post #3
get the frame 25-9 is a wast of money and its real hard on or chain 36-13 is small enf so just go with the frame

P

Pyro insaine

small gearing or new frame post #4
gearing, no Question

u wanna pink frame do what i did by some sand paper & spray paint
Its not that hard 2 paint a frame or parts

O

oibmxpunx

small gearing or new frame post #5
no one needs 25-9 i see so meny kid with that gerings chains brake when there going fast and they eat shit i would not go smaller then 11 in the back cuz 9 kills ur chain cuz its to small

F

federal_rider12

small gearing or new frame post #6
that gearing is just ridiculous get the frame your gearing is just fine im sticking to the 36-14(when i get my cassette wheel) the frame is a much better route to go

spend your money wisely GET THE FRAME NO QUESTION!

T

Trimix

small gearing or new frame post #7
Ha....I run 25/9 (LSD) and love it. The main reason I did is just to get it the hell outta' the way of the coping.....but now have learned to hop into a transition so it was a waste really. Looks clean and tight, and have to disagree that there are chain problems.....that is the first I heard that one, and have had ZERO chain, chainwheel, rear cog problems....riding on several months now. I am not endorsing is as the 'end all' gearing, I ran 36/13 before that and loved it too.

M

Mr_Shrapnel

small gearing or new frame post #8
my advice is that if your gearing is fine, then dont chage it, and likewise with your frame, if it aint broke dont try to fix it man.

RuLe

RuLe

small gearing or new frame post #9
i dont no a frame would be nice but if u got to save more money for it but you are thinkign getting 25/9 gears i would do that since u got the money and maybe get the frame for birthday, what not

X

XIII

small gearing or new frame post #10
oibmxpunx said:
no one needs 25-9 i see so meny kid with that gerings chains brake when there going fast and they eat shit i would not go smaller then 11 in the back cuz 9 kills ur chain cuz its to small
one time I was accellerating really fast on a $25 bike and the chain popped off and I smashed my balls on the stem and did a huge nose manual then "ate shit".... hehe... it hurt a lot

F

federal_rider12

small gearing or new frame post #11
for me it seems logical why a chain would break easier on a 25/9 because the chain is being pulled with alot less teeth which puts too much strain on the teeth on the chainwheel and the bushings/pins on the chain

RuLe

RuLe

small gearing or new frame post #12
well you cant pedal fast . you just to cruise and not pedal super fast like you do for gaps and stuff. its mostly for street and ramps 25-9 because its a normal gear not to much acceleration or nothing. just even and i no tons of peopel with it that have no problems. you cant race with it like pedaling fast thats why

M

Mr_Shrapnel

small gearing or new frame post #13
You really are a fool are you not? How the hell can you give somebody some information, if you have no idea what you are talking about? A 25-9 ratio gives you almost exactly the same ratio as a 44-16, in fact its 2.77, which means that technically you can get a slightly higher top speed than a 44-16 gearing, and considering that most racers actually use a 44-16 gearing (or around that - to give them about a 2.75 ratio) the 25-9 will be perfect for racing and top speed, due to the fact that it gives you the same overall drive as a 44-16t.

RuLe

RuLe

small gearing or new frame post #14
wow 2.77 and 2.75 A big difference

I have rode a 25-9 and i fell nothign difference from riding a normal gear bike only that it is light weight and small

Like i said 25-9 is a normal gear and is average top speed and average accelration

I

infantry43RIDER

small gearing or new frame post #15
frame..no question.
Mutiny rules...25-9 does not...there ya go.

F

federal_rider12

small gearing or new frame post #16
yeah you dont get it the chain would break easier because of torque not speed the more pressure and weight you use to pedal the more strain your chain takes top speed wouldnt make a difference in strength its torque

D

Deliciouspeed

small gearing or new frame post #17
Sounds like you really don't need either, keep your money.
Don't need a frame or you wouldn't be talking about the gearing.
Don't need to change gearing or you wouldn't be thinking about a new frame.

Seriously-It sounds like you just want to spend some money. Save it for when something needs replacing or upgrading.

RuLe

RuLe

small gearing or new frame post #18
but maybe he isnt like you. All peopel are different

I like to buy and change something on my bike alot because it makes me love my bike so much more and makes me hella want to ride it and learn more tricks. and look, thats just me so it will sound wried to you guys but hey thats what i do.

Liek say u get new tires, you want to ride you bike or chorse? You just got a new part and u want to test it out and feel what its liek on all types on surfaces and then maybe later on see what its like doing 180 rollouts or 360's

O

oibmxpunx

small gearing or new frame post #19
i got this from the tree bike co. web site

As you may have noticed we have not been offering the 25 tooth sprocket. Well this is beause I rode the 25/9 gear ratio for 4 weeks and I broke my chain 5 times. The chain was being pulled apart from pedaling and it would break when I was pedaling my hardest then I would eat it hard! The reason it breaks is because the 9 tooth is so small that in order to turn the back wheel more energy goes into pulling on the chain than actually turning the wheel. Example: try to turn your wheel with your hand at the tire then try to turn it at the hub, its much harder to turn at the hub.The torque to turn the wheel increases the smaller the rear cog even though the gear ratio is the same.
So I stopped making them because I didn't want to promote anyone getting 25/9 because I think its sucks. I do run a 30/11 now and I have been running it for 5 months and I haven't broken my chain..yet.
tree bike co.

M

Mr_Shrapnel

small gearing or new frame post #20
yeah, small gearings are nice, but 25-9 really does seema bit of an overkill.

New Topics