slippage

• Discuss slippage in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; do your grips slide up and down the bars and do all types of crazy stunts? have you got any ideas/have you done anything to stop this? thanks. ...
T

t1jay

slippage post #1
do your grips slide up and down the bars and do all types of crazy stunts?
have you got any ideas/have you done anything to stop this?
thanks.

Creepozoid

Creepozoid

slippage post #2
New grips. If theyre slipping theyre shot. Dont glue em down, cos you'll never get them off again.

K

Karl H. Marx

slippage post #3
Grip stops.

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

slippage post #4
"throttle grip" is usually caused by dirt under the grips.

take your grips off. clean them thoroughly in the sink with hot water and dish soap and let them dry. clean the grip area of your handlebars thoroughly. put your grips back on using one of the following methods:

1. compressed air
2. hair spray- use as alube, dries quickly
3. WD-40- supposed this works, it slides on and dries pretty solid
4. spray paint- this is my favorite method. spray some cheap spray paint on your bar, slip the grip on quickly before it dries. i use this method now and it sticks like glue!

T

t1jay

slippage post #5
thanks people but i forgot to mention i want to do it now, just untill i get new grips.
edit:ahhhh thanks jwnolte, how do you put grips on with compressed air?

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

slippage post #6
you need an air compressor and a rubber nossle. shove the grip partially one, put the nossle under the grip and blast it until you can push the grip on. this also helps push dirt and moisture out too.

H

Hermes

slippage post #7
yea its easy

pelmeney

pelmeney

slippage post #8

X

XboxKid

slippage post #9
Take them off clean inside grip and clean the bars then use WD-40 to put them back on leave them for like 15 minutes Kaa-Bam done:)

Arch Enemy

Arch Enemy

slippage post #10
"throttle grip" is usually caused by dirt under the grips.

take your grips off. clean them thoroughly in the sink with hot water and dish soap and let them dry. clean the grip area of your handlebars thoroughly. put your grips back on using one of the following methods:

1. compressed air
2. hair spray- use as alube, dries quickly
3. WD-40- supposed this works, it slides on and dries pretty solid
4. spray paint- this is my favorite method. spray some cheap spray paint on your bar, slip the grip on quickly before it dries. i use this method now and it sticks like glue!
Yupers.

jwnolte saves the day...yet again

New Topics