slicks & microtreads

• Discuss slicks & microtreads in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I understand the difference between dirt and street tires. but ive been noticing a handfull of guys (more experienced riders) rolling around with... ...
Linx7

Linx7

slicks & microtreads post #1
I understand the difference between dirt and street tires. but ive been noticing a handfull of guys (more experienced riders) rolling around with slicks and microtreads in the back. so i was wondering, what are advantages to riding with these? what do they do? and how do they effect your overall riding experience?

E RaK

E RaK

slicks & microtreads post #2
The grip pavement better and have less rolling resistance

C

charliebmx

slicks & microtreads post #3
good riders seem to run a slick on the back because they are smooth and run high psi so they are smooth have less risitance so mroe speed and prolong the life of ur wheel, im not a good rider but i also do it because u dont realy need rear grip just front... eg. id rather have rear slide out on me than my front.

mmm fit bikes

mmm fit bikes

slicks & microtreads post #4
i have 2.10 primo comets front and back
i feel like it has more grip
with dirt tires, ive had the front tire slip while i was turning at high speed more than once
because dirt tires have all the cuts and grooves in them less tire on the street

J

johnny homeless

slicks & microtreads post #5
less rolling resistance. see how fast cars have slick tires. i run 2 slick tires at 100psi because i like to go fast.

G

Gibbo.

slicks & microtreads post #6
i run a 2.10 animal asm on the rear more traction less rolling restance and you cant hear it! love it

New Topics