slammed seat

• Discuss slammed seat in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; just ordered the federal seat so i thought i would mod this one even more, already had the wedge mod done but i wanted it a bit lower. now i dont have... ...
R

ridefly

slammed seat post #1
just ordered the federal seat so i thought i would mod this one even more, already had the wedge mod done but i wanted it a bit lower. now i dont have a post

^star nut from head set

^shaved the seat half moon gut thing about half inch off

^final result, holds as good as the wedge mod did and its lighter

S

STLNRider13

slammed seat post #2
just ordered the federal seat so i thought i would mod this one even more, already had the wedge mod done but i wanted it a bit lower. now i dont have a post

^star nut from head set

I love it

theSANDYPANTS

theSANDYPANTS

slammed seat post #3

Biggles

Biggles

slammed seat post #4
A surprisingly effective way of doing it, no seat tube damage, as low as you can get, and cheap!

For people who like the wedgemod idea and super slammed seats, this is brilliant.

McKenzie32

McKenzie32

slammed seat post #5
i dont get what the oint of having that low of a seat is

Biggles

Biggles

slammed seat post #6
What's the point in commenting then!

People like the look and the overrall feel of the bike with the seat low. You failed to figure that out so you fail.

fitbike61

fitbike61

slammed seat post #7
Haha. Wait till you actually sit down.

pelmeney

pelmeney

slammed seat post #8
^^^^^
i was thinking the same, i would classify this as being too low.. i mean u got a wedge mod and u shave the seat down even more. priceless.
idk, maybe ur one of those people that dont need a seat, u just need a little foam so u dont bust ur ding-dong.

JohnW

JohnW

slammed seat post #9
How does the seat really get in the way so much that lowering it another inch actually helps anything? I run my Animal a little less than 2" up and it never gets in the way.

Btw, have fun when your seat unscrews itself when it gets hit.

fitbike61

fitbike61

slammed seat post #10
Oh and check out the bottom of your seat. Try putting that mashed up thing on a post again.

R

ridefly

slammed seat post #11
did none you kids read what i wrote i have a post that i wedge modded, i am sick of the way my seat looks so i ordered the federal slim, i just did this to see what diff it made i like it but once my seat arrives it is going back to slammed with the post . i only did this cause i don't care if it ruined the seat. also it only dropped the seat around a half inch from where it was not a big deal
on the plus side its not zip tied on, now that would be fail

this is only temporarily

NewS3

NewS3

slammed seat post #12
I actually thought of doing this but didn't think it would effectively stay straight.

Brocknz

Brocknz

slammed seat post #13
yeh... ive done this before. it works good for about a week. then the wedge starts to move around in the inside and ur seat will be as loose as a lady afta birth.

T

truebluegallo

slammed seat post #14

^star nut from head set

i demand a how too nowwwwwwwww

harorider4

harorider4

slammed seat post #15
hm that's pretty sweet.
i would never have thought to use that start nut thing

DAN1991

DAN1991

slammed seat post #16
Nice Monte Carlo.

2WheelPride

2WheelPride

slammed seat post #17
Cool Idea but I think it would work better with two wedges instead of that star nut. I hate slammed seats but to each their own this was still a neat mod.

http://www.danscomp.com/309064.php?cat=PARTS

^^ Seat post of the future? LOL

kimmy gibler

kimmy gibler

slammed seat post #18
it looks horrible.

F

fitaitken1

slammed seat post #19
Im doing this when i get home! did you use the stock bolt on the federal seat and just the wedge from a headset? also do you have to shave the seat down?

R

ridefly

slammed seat post #20
Im doing this when i get home! did you use the stock bolt on the federal seat and just the wedge from a headset? also do you have to shave the seat down?
i dont have the federal seat yet i just ordered it, on my seat now i had to find a longer bolt that fit the star nut, and you dont have to shave the seat if you dont want to but i wanted to see how low i could get it plus i dont want that seat anymore so it made the decision to grind it easier but make sure when/ if you grind your seat down that you have it nice and flat where you want it or when you tighten it down it will want to tip back but mine just needed some more grinding off and it worked fine, once my new seat comes in it will be going back onto my wedge mod post

New Topics