Should I get a Gt Fly, Free Agent Airstrike, or GT Bestwick?

• Discuss Should I get a Gt Fly, Free Agent Airstrike, or GT Bestwick? in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I would like to ride street and vert, but I'm not sure which bike to buy. The GT is cheaper and I can upgrade the tires right away, but I think it is... ...
  • Tags bike bikes gt gt bike gt bikes
S

Shock

Should I get a Gt Fly, Free Agent Airstrike, or GT Bestwick? post #1
I would like to ride street and vert, but I'm not sure which bike to buy. The GT is cheaper and I can upgrade the tires right away, but I think it is built for dirt jumping. Is there that big of a difference in the setup?

Other bikes I saw were the Haro F3 & F2 and the GT Bestwick.

Let me know what you think.

F

federal_rider12

Should I get a Gt Fly, Free Agent Airstrike, or GT Bestwick? post #2
Bestwick

RuLe

RuLe

Should I get a Gt Fly, Free Agent Airstrike, or GT Bestwick? post #3
same

get the bestwick

L

leon_luxton

Should I get a Gt Fly, Free Agent Airstrike, or GT Bestwick? post #4
a GT FLY..can some1 plz show me a picture of this asap :D

F

federal_rider12

Should I get a Gt Fly, Free Agent Airstrike, or GT Bestwick? post #5
is it on their website? if they still have a site but its weird they got bought out by pacific but then theres "pacific" gts and then theres real gt bikes and the real ones are on the site same with mongoose and schwinn i dont know if this still happens but it did

S

Shock

Should I get a Gt Fly, Free Agent Airstrike, or GT Bestwick? post #6
Can you give me the reasoning behind the Bestiwck choice? The difference in price is only $20, but they look the same to me. I can't find the wieght of the Bestwick, but I heard it was 40lbs and the Free Agent is 32lbs. I would rather have the lighter bike unless there is a huge difference in the parts that I'm not aware of.

Thanks for the help.

F

federal_rider12

Should I get a Gt Fly, Free Agent Airstrike, or GT Bestwick? post #7
well you got to help me out here is it a bestwick pro?(which i believe it is but) if it is not a pro or team it isnt a "real" gt but anyways that airstrike isnt as good as a bestwick pro and ont worry about the weight ive picked up a bestwick pro and its the average weight of a bike

S

Shock

Should I get a Gt Fly, Free Agent Airstrike, or GT Bestwick? post #8
Ok, the Bestwick is a PRO. So can you guys tell me why I should get the PRO over the FA?

F

federal_rider12

Should I get a Gt Fly, Free Agent Airstrike, or GT Bestwick? post #9
the bestwick pro is way better the only thing that is like the same on the air strike and bestwick pro is the fact that both are not full chromoly frame, the bestwick pro has a 3 piece sealed crank full chromoly fork 39/14 gearing double wall rims-all that comes on the new 2004 bestwick pro and the air strike is nothing compared to that because it has a 1 piece crank i think a 44/16 gearing and single wall rims the air strike is a very basic beginner bike, the bestwick pro is a higher end beginner bike to intermediate rider or like some people say an entry level bike, higher then a beginner

S

Shock

Should I get a Gt Fly, Free Agent Airstrike, or GT Bestwick? post #10
Cool, thanks for the help!

S

Shock

Should I get a Gt Fly, Free Agent Airstrike, or GT Bestwick? post #11
Thanks for all the help, I decided to buy a 2004 DK General Lee. I'm loving it so far!

New Topics