should i do up my kink whip

• Discuss should i do up my kink whip in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; 4 christmas i am getting a kink whip and 600 bucks to spend on it should i buy 2 odyssey hazard lite rims and sunday morning forks and save the rest of... ...
J

jakebmx4life

should i do up my kink whip post #1
4 christmas i am getting a kink whip and 600 bucks to spend on it should i buy 2 odyssey hazard lite rims and sunday morning forks and save the rest of the money up 4 a sunday 2007 new wave frame tell what u would do if u were me

G

Gibbo.

should i do up my kink whip post #2
maby you should get the new kink whip and raplace stuff when it breaks and keep the money in the bank for something else..

A

abdrider

should i do up my kink whip post #3
maby you should get the new kink whip and raplace stuff when it breaks and keep the money in the bank for something else..
see jake, ive told you several times you dont need to upgrade parts on a brand new bike
especially one as good as a kink whip

J

jakebmx4life

should i do up my kink whip post #4
the kink whip aint that flash

A

abdrider

should i do up my kink whip post #5
the kink has a fair bit of chro-mo,
is fully sealed,
looks clean
if you have to upgrade the rims to hazards and buy 4 j pegs lights but leave it at that
and buy a video camera

J

jakebmx4life

should i do up my kink whip post #6
how long do u think the frame will last

S

sackley85

should i do up my kink whip post #7
That would be $950+ for a bike... just build something with that much dough. Look for a good clearance frame and go from there, at least that's what I'd do.

M

Marcus Poopy

should i do up my kink whip post #8
how long do u think the frame will last
i would bet a year, if not more. i doubt you will be doing anything too extreme on it yet. the first thing you will porbably need to upgrade is tires if theyre not rated at 90psi or more....low psi in tires is worse than anything.

EDIT: personally i think forks, stem and rims are the last thing you should replace. maybe get new cranks, tires and pedals. but u definatly wont need anything else.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Gibbo.

should i do up my kink whip post #9
TheSamurai

TheSamurai

should i do up my kink whip post #10
fix it when it breaks.

Red Horn

Red Horn

should i do up my kink whip post #11
How many different places are you gonna pose the same question? With the money you got get a nice complete with a CroMo frame. For like $700 you can get a 08 WTP Phoenix Pro that has a full butted Sanko frame and still have $ left over to swap a few parts to personalize it if you wish.

the kink has a fair bit of chro-mo
Either a bike is full CroMo or it's not. If not then don't bother with it, plain and simple :).

TheSamurai

TheSamurai

should i do up my kink whip post #12
How many different places are you gonna pose the same question? With the money you got get a nice complete with a CroMo frame. For like $700 you can get a 08 WTP Phoenix Pro that has a full butted Sanko frame and still have $ left over to swap a few parts to personalize it if you wish.

Either a bike is full CroMo or it's not. If not then don't bother with it, plain and simple :).
good idea. take some of that $600 and put it towards a really nice bike.

Red Horn

Red Horn

should i do up my kink whip post #13
I'm am truly beginning to think that some of these kids get cash thrown at them to do what ever they please :roll:. I'm glad mine understand and respect the $. Seems they get advice and when it does not coincide with what they want they start or post in another thread requesting answers to the same questions hoping to get a different out come :(.

TheSamurai

TheSamurai

should i do up my kink whip post #14
^ right?!?!

$600 and a freaking bike also.

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

should i do up my kink whip post #15
if you are going to replace all the most expensive parts on a complete bike right away, you might as well buy a higher-end complete or build a custom. the Whip costs $380 at Dans and you have an extra 600? thats $980! you could build a SWEET custom bike for that price.

chrome bmx

chrome bmx

should i do up my kink whip post #16
Keep the money on a credit card or something so as soon as something breaks you can change it fast.

New Topics