Short nut question

• Discuss Short nut question in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hello, I want to buy a tubular wrench to open the nut that hold the pegs on my Haro F2. But I don't know what dimension to buy, and I can't take my... ...
M

MichiBass

Short nut question post #1
Hello,

I want to buy a tubular wrench to open the nut that hold the pegs on my Haro F2. But I don't know what dimension to buy, and I can't take my bike to the store. Can somebody tell me what dimensions the nut is? On the website it is written 48h 14mm axle Steel shell. That means that I have to buy a 14 mm tubular wrench? Or how can I find out?

Thank you.

Please be quick :)

NewS3

NewS3

Short nut question post #2
It could be a 17mm but more likely a...18 or 19, I'm not sure, I run the smallest nuts I know of. lol. Smaller than most I know.

M

MichiBass

Short nut question post #3
It could be a 17mm but more likely a...18 or 19, I'm not sure, I run the smallest nuts I know of. lol. Smaller than most I know.
Hmm, the what means that : 48h 14mm axle Steel shell, if it has a 17 bolt? :hihi:

ridelife!

ridelife!

Short nut question post #4
i think it's probly got a 19mm bolt.

ridelife!

ridelife!

Short nut question post #6
no, but i'm pretty sure most do.. i know my haro did.

NewS3

NewS3

Short nut question post #7
Umm...What?

M

MichiBass

Short nut question post #8
So, I have 14 mm axles, what nuts do I have?

NewS3

NewS3

Short nut question post #9
Probably a 19 as stated before.

Hmm, the what means that : 48h 14mm axle Steel shell, if it has a 17 bolt? :hihi:
I still don't understand what you're saying....asking?

M

MichiBass

Short nut question post #10
Probably a 19 as stated before.

I still don't understand what you're saying....asking?

I mean the website says 14mm, is it possible to have 19mm nuts on 14 mm axles?

Excuse my english

blkbike

blkbike

Short nut question post #11
I run 17mm, but some lower end bikes run 19mm. you could measure the nut on the other side and find out.

M

MichiBass

Short nut question post #12
I run 17mm, but some lower end bikes run 19mm. you could measure the nut on the other side and find out.
The nut on the other side looks bigger :|

NewS3

NewS3

Short nut question post #13
I also run 17 that's why I was unsure at first.
Edit: Yes, you could essentially have any size nut you wanted as long as the I.D. and thread pitch matched the axle

M

MichiBass

Short nut question post #14
It was 19 mm.
Thanks a lot!

New Topics