shin protection

• Discuss shin protection in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; what sort of shit do you guys use? I'm going to be getting something soon the guy at the local shop recommended elephant skins, but the low level... ...
A

apathy

shin protection post #1
what sort of shit do you guys use? I'm going to be getting something soon

the guy at the local shop recommended elephant skins, but the low level knee protection didn't impress me

I want something that has combined knee / shin protection, is reasonably light, and is going to stop most mishaps.

T

Trimix

shin protection post #2
I use foxracing shin/knee combos sometimes, comfy....reasonable protection. Funny thing is, I suffer more hits to the back of my legs than anywhere, and they offer no protection from that. It won't stop mishaps, but it will keep SOME of the bruises and cuts down.

D

Darkmana

shin protection post #3
I`ve never tried the combined knee/shin pads but I use TSG shins and real heavy duty TSG knees as well. When you`ve had 2 knee operations, you really don`t mind when your pads are bulky as hell.

DM

E

evanc

shin protection post #4
I use my skin.

O

oibmxpunx

shin protection post #5
just deal with it it dont hurt that much and if ur rideing hard u wont feel it untill u get home and get in the sower that alwats burns

so dont be a p*ssy

E

evanc

shin protection post #6
^^ Dude, your a moron. Get a shinner with visible bone, and tell me "...u wont feel it untill u get home..." Dumbass.

O

oibmxpunx

shin protection post #7
well sorry f*cker thats never happened to me or any one i ride with do u aways have to be a d*ck about everything or r u just on the rag 24-7?

T

Trimix

shin protection post #8
oibmxpunx said:
well sorry f*cker thats never happened to me or any one i ride with
Yet.....

F

FOL

shin protection post #9
Next summer I'll start with street/park and I guess I'll get some shin+kneepads...are they irritating much during the ride?

Now I'm doing flatland (which I won't abandon next summer) and don't need shin protection, allthough it hurts sometimes, it isn't necessary

T

Trimix

shin protection post #10
Everyone's knees/legs are different. I tried Haro's with Protec pads and hated them. Although I like and wear the Protec elbows. You just have to find the right ones man.

V

Vic_Vega

shin protection post #11
I wear pants...always seems to help, although sans pants I have picked up quite a few chicks:)

Seriously, wear whatever feels comfy. I have never personally used shin pads as I have always thought of them as *lame looking*, but that's just me. Guess I'll go ice my pedal bites and shinners now....

I

infantry43RIDER

shin protection post #12
yea see i dont' care what i look like when im riding cause that doesn't matter so its not lame...i have some generic ones that are small and just slip inside the pants...i don't wear them all the time.

T

Trimix

shin protection post #13
infantry43RIDER said:
yea see i dont' care what i look like when im riding cause that doesn't matter so its not lame...
Exactly. Who cares? All I care about is that I learn a little more than I did the day before, who gives an F whether shin gaurds or elbow pads look goofy.

D

Darkmana

shin protection post #14
I tend to find when I`m all padded up I go for stuff a bit harder. For example, I was chickening out of feebling a grindbox until I padded up, then I got the confidence to do it

DM

O

oibmxpunx

shin protection post #15
Trimix said:
oibmxpunx said:
well sorry f*cker thats never happened to me or any one i ride with
Yet.....
yup yet im shur its going to happen some day

S

sentaafEQpovar

shin protection post #16
if u like to wear shorts, go to walmart and buy some soccer shin guards for 8 bucks, or if u wear pants, u can like tap cardboard to the inside of the pants and some cloth over it so its not all cardboardy on your leg, i used to think shinguards were ***, i finnaly gave in after a while cuase i hit my shins a lot, i have permanent scars and i stoped riding 3 years aago, im back though

E

evanc

shin protection post #17
Scars are always permenant, bucko.

T

Trimix

shin protection post #18
Permanent scars.....hahahaha. Like there are "temporary scars?"....I have to admit I love the word "cardboardy".......kick ass word man. :D

N

n3lli

shin protection post #19
i hav some sixsixone shinpads. they're nice and comfy and u can wear em under ur pants if u dont' like the look of em.

T

tgreathead

shin protection post #20
After trying on a ton of different shin/knee combos I ended with the Troy Lee Combat Guards. They were the only pads that didn't shift around when I ride, and they have a strip of neoprene between your skin & the strap so it won't chafe your leg.

I, like Darkmana, have a knee problem from my older days as a skater that would cause me serious problems if I fell on it without pads. I don't really mind them anyway.

The '03 models are on sale right now for about 40 bucks at Jensens.
http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product.aspx?i=PG707B03&sc=mr08&x=y
Well worth the money.

New Topics