Shin Pads... best thing i ever got for biking!

• Discuss Shin Pads... best thing i ever got for biking! in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i final got a some shin pads saturday, all i can say is i have no clue how i rode for so long with out them! i got shin/knee combos and i love it! I... ...
H

headhunter555

Shin Pads... best thing i ever got for biking! post #1
i final got a some shin pads saturday, all i can say is i have no clue how i rode for so long with out them! i got shin/knee combos and i love it! I think they helped my riding alot just cuz know im not afriad of smacking the pedal like i used to be.

415fsxrules

Shin Pads... best thing i ever got for biking! post #2
i would get some but they look so *** because u can see that u are wearing even in baggy pants

H

headhunter555

Shin Pads... best thing i ever got for biking! post #3
not really... mine would, but i really dont care, i where they with shorts... it beats being in pain!

R

rage2k3

Shin Pads... best thing i ever got for biking! post #4
I have shin pads but I only wear them when dirt jumping. i find they reduce my pedaling speed. sounds weird. But it's true.

H

headhunter555

Shin Pads... best thing i ever got for biking! post #5
yeah they do, they make it seem harder to pedal to, but still worth it if u ask me

E

evanc

Shin Pads... best thing i ever got for biking! post #6
I ****ing hate pads. Any pads. I don't mind a helmet, but only in a skatepark. They're too constricting, and you need to hurt yourself once in a while, it toughens you up. What happens if you catch a peg in the back of the ankle and you're not used to it? It hurts 10 times worse.

B

Bigboomer

Shin Pads... best thing i ever got for biking! post #7
ya, but pegs and pedals to the shins just ****ing hurt. I've had it so many times I'm looking into shin guards now, plus it allows practice of more tricks

J

johntheguru

Shin Pads... best thing i ever got for biking! post #8
i use footy (soccer) shin pads. they have a bit of ankle padding too and they are cheap.

john

E

evanc

Shin Pads... best thing i ever got for biking! post #9
Bigboomer said:
ya, but pegs and pedals to the shins just f*ck hurt. I've had it so many times I'm looking into shin guards now, plus it allows practice of more tricks
No shit. But I've taken so many shinners in my time that I'm just used to it by now. Just the other day I got a shinner that was a 6" long gouge, and pretty deep, but it barely phased me. I got tough legs and a higher pain tolerance and it helps a lot. But that's just me and I'm kind of weird like that.

H

headhunter555

Shin Pads... best thing i ever got for biking! post #10
well dude more power to ya, but all i know is i have been try alot more bigger stuff just cuz i know i have that protechtion.

415fsxrules

Shin Pads... best thing i ever got for biking! post #11
i bet i would ride better cuss i would not worry about eating $hit as bad but iam not bad enough about wiping that i won't do $hit so either it would not matter

T

thumpgun

Shin Pads... best thing i ever got for biking! post #12
my shins look like they've been shot with a nail gun, then beaten with a rake. I finally got some shin guards and I really like them. yeah, you have to get used to having them on, and they make you sweat but not being beat to a pulp helps keep you riding with less downtime from injury, or possible injury. I got ran over by a truck on my motorcycle, so I've had enough of being crushed, lol. Later ya'll

M

MetalBikez

Shin Pads... best thing i ever got for biking! post #13
I have a pair of Fox shinpads, and my only complaint is that they constantly are slipping down, and you always have to pull them back-up.

I used to wear them whenever I ride, but now once in awhile, next to never..lol

G

gt_thumps

Shin Pads... best thing i ever got for biking! post #14
yeah. if i wore all my dirtbike gear. then i would go insane and go balls out. try everything and anything. but it would suck wearing all that stuff

415fsxrules

Shin Pads... best thing i ever got for biking! post #15
exactly it would make it fun but its just a pain to wear all the gear

T

The Worst

Shin Pads... best thing i ever got for biking! post #16
All I do is where long socks so at least some of the impact is taken by the socks.....The problem is I cant where shorts without looking like Pippi Longstocking

E

evanc

Shin Pads... best thing i ever got for biking! post #17
headhunter555 said:
well dude more power to ya, but all i know is i have been try alot more bigger stuff just cuz i know i have that protechtion.
Yeah, I totally see where you're coming from. But (to me) with pads, I feel restricted and can't do shit.

M

mulishatroop

Shin Pads... best thing i ever got for biking! post #18
does eny know a good brand to go for.i have been told lizard skins make good ones

M

MetalBikez

Shin Pads... best thing i ever got for biking! post #19
meh, try Pro-Tec or Pryme.

T

thumpgun

Shin Pads... best thing i ever got for biking! post #20
Yeah, like Metal said.. Pro-tec or Pryme.. I have the Pryme shin guards and they're great. Cheap too, like $20 at Dan's. And they're not uncomfortable at all. Actually after a few minutes of riding, you forget you have them on.

New Topics