Shes almost ready to race! Not sure if I am though!

• Discuss Shes almost ready to race! Not sure if I am though! in the BMX Racing forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Just waiting on my drive MAG pedals, and KMC KOOL LITE chain...and I need to figure out how to install this dang star fangle nut, or come up with a... ...
N

NeinH20

Shes almost ready to race! Not sure if I am though! post #1
Just waiting on my drive MAG pedals, and KMC KOOL LITE chain...and I need to figure out how to install this dang star fangle nut, or come up with a stem lock...

What do you guys think?

M

marks86

Shes almost ready to race! Not sure if I am though! post #2
pull the bars back alittle bet, it wont end well, what stem is that

jaredmi

jaredmi

Shes almost ready to race! Not sure if I am though! post #3
I agree with the bars needing to come back some. It will give you some better control.

S

screwglue

Shes almost ready to race! Not sure if I am though! post #4
yeah nice pic old school and such

D

Dylan Haro

Shes almost ready to race! Not sure if I am though! post #5
LOL move the bars.

Is that a race bike? Those wheels wouldn't be too strong would they?

N

NeinH20

Shes almost ready to race! Not sure if I am though! post #6
The bars are so far forward because I had just mounted them in the stem. Hadn't adjusted, just mocked up. They are back about 2" now. The stem is a DRIVE. It's got removable gyro tabs so odds are it's not a 'race' stem, but it sure is lighter than the stock GT piston.

The wheels aren't strong? GT raced on them in the late 90's early 00's....so I'd assume that unless theirs were different, they are plenty strong.

Spins REALLY aren't that light....I'd say they weigh as much as the stock wheels that came on the bike in 98....

BOTH the spins, and the DX's were availible from GT on the bike...

wild irish

wild irish

Shes almost ready to race! Not sure if I am though! post #7
ready?

we really need to get together and tune the girl up. im in leesville get ahold of me ------mugsy:eek:

Biggles

Biggles

Shes almost ready to race! Not sure if I am though! post #8
just put the star nut at the top of the steerer, and hit it into the steerer tube with a mallet and a ratchet extension or something else that'll fit inside the steere tube, only like a centimetre below the top of the steerer though

New Topics