Shadow Umbra Post

• Discuss Shadow Umbra Post in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Is it possible to make it slammed (there's a vid on shadow web) if you have a slim seat? No progress for me so far because it's not as fat as a fat... ...
At1x

At1x

Shadow Umbra Post post #1
Is it possible to make it slammed (there's a vid on shadow web) if you have a slim seat?

No progress for me so far because it's not as fat as a fat seat and it seems unlikely but maybe some has done it ;x

At1x

At1x

Shadow Umbra Post post #2
Oo,anyone know?

Marcelwk

Marcelwk

Shadow Umbra Post post #3
I dont even understand the question..
Slamming your seat has nothing to do with what kind of seat is on top of the seatpost..

At1x

At1x

Shadow Umbra Post post #4
Do you even know what Umbra looks like?

Go check, then come back and think about it.

Marcelwk

Marcelwk

Shadow Umbra Post post #5

Like this? I still dont see how the seat is involved in slamming it..

At1x

At1x

Shadow Umbra Post post #6

Look - A fat seat is widder, right? And slim seat is slimer around the back part.
If you have a fat seat, you have more space where to put your guts, don't you?
And because my guts don't fit on the sides of rails, I'm asking is it possible.

Edit : You can slam this seat by turning the guts around but the sides of guts don't fit on the sides of my rails.

Omg, I confused myself.

2WheelPride

2WheelPride

Shadow Umbra Post post #7
I think he is asking if he flips the guts will his seat clear the top/fit.

Rails are basically universal.

Last edited:
At1x

At1x

Shadow Umbra Post post #8
No, I already tried it.
I'm asking if anyone has managed to slam a slim seat by turning the guts out.

Maybe you'll understand now
This is how to install it, unslammed

http://www.theshadowconspiracy.com/products/hardgoods/posts/videos/umbraunslammed.html

And this is how you install it slammed

http://www.theshadowconspiracy.com/products/hardgoods/posts/videos/umbraslammed.html

Edit : I want it to be Slammed like in video #2 but my seat is slim (ryan has fat) and I just can't do it, they way he does it.

I'm asking has anyone done what Ryan did with a slim seat.

Marcelwk

Marcelwk

Shadow Umbra Post post #9
second movie is like a subrosa commercial at the end:p
I havent done it.. sorry..

At1x

At1x

Shadow Umbra Post post #10
Marcelwk

Marcelwk

Shadow Umbra Post post #11
But do you see what I mean?
Yes I finally understand.. I dont have any experience with such a problem.. Pivotals ftw:p

At1x

At1x

Shadow Umbra Post post #12
Yes I finally understand.. I dont have any experience with such a problem.. Pivotals ftw:p

I wish I had pivotal, so much simpler.
If i'll sell my stuff, I would sell the seatpost as well and get a pivotal.

Marcelwk

Marcelwk

Shadow Umbra Post post #13
sell the seat and post to an unknowing beginner and buy a pivotal yourself..
that's how I did it

At1x

At1x

Shadow Umbra Post post #14
sell the seat and post to an unknowing beginner and buy a pivotal yourself..
that's how I did it
:DDD, that's interesting aproach.

Marcelwk

Marcelwk

Shadow Umbra Post post #15
well yeah you can probably sell your old combo for the price of a pivotal seat post so then you'd only have to buy a pivotal seat.. not that expensive and an awesome update to your bike I think..

2WheelPride

2WheelPride

Shadow Umbra Post post #16
I still don’t see why a slim or fat seat would make a difference? The rails should basically be the same, but maybe I’m missing something as I’m kind of old school never messed with a pivotal or one of those seat posts. Its design reminds me of the old cluster style clamps you see on haros now. I’m sure you wouldn’t have an issue selling it though allot of people like railed seats since they are much stronger than pivotals, good luck either way.

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

Shadow Umbra Post post #17
why exactly can you not flip the guts and fit a slim seat on there? my assumption is that there is not enough room next to the bolt to fit your allen wrench in there? the seat is plastic, it will flex. if your allen wrench is too long to fit between the post and the seat, cut the L-end short so it fits in there.

At1x

At1x

Shadow Umbra Post post #18
why exactly can you not flip the guts and fit a slim seat on there? my assumption is that there is not enough room next to the bolt to fit your allen wrench in there? the seat is plastic, it will flex. if your allen wrench is too long to fit between the post and the seat, cut the L-end short so it fits in there.
No, the end of the gut simply doesn't fit on the side when the seatpost is with inner guts is between the rails.

JTG4

JTG4

Shadow Umbra Post post #19
i did it with an aitken seat in 15 min a little cursing some pulling pushing and more cursing then removal of the seat brace and done slammed seat

At1x

At1x

Shadow Umbra Post post #20
i did it with an aitken seat in 15 min a little cursing some pulling pushing and more cursing then removal of the seat brace and done slammed seat
I got up to having the inner guts on both sides of the actual post inside the rails, after that I failed. Because I stuck on the outer gut onto the outside of the rails but my big dildo bolt didn't fit ;D

I'll try it later tonight, lol :D

BTW Seat brace? WTF?

New Topics