Shadow Rant V2 Cassette hub???

• Discuss Shadow Rant V2 Cassette hub??? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hey I was wondering guys when I get my shadow rant v2 here is my question let’s say I get a 9teeth driver with it and if I wanted to change it to a 10t... ...
OutlawsMC

OutlawsMC

Shadow Rant V2 Cassette hub??? post #1
Hey I was wondering guys when I get my shadow rant v2 here is my question let’s say I get a 9teeth driver with it and if I wanted to change it to a 10t driver how can I do that. My theory was if I just bought a new driver but the 10t driver and just take my 9t driver out of it that it will still fit since its all the same only thing that changes is the teeth on the outside? Could this be possible? Let me know guys thanks:D

johnuk

johnuk

Shadow Rant V2 Cassette hub??? post #2
yep

you might want to go straight to 10t

i have 9t and it's pretty tight for the chain to get round - 9t is really small, 10t isn't going to look dumb

TheSamurai

TheSamurai

Shadow Rant V2 Cassette hub??? post #3
just get a 10t. you'd have to change the whole driver as it's a 1 piece, not a 2 piece.

Irfan

Irfan

Shadow Rant V2 Cassette hub??? post #4
Wait..
how many teeth is your sprocket>?
28-30 should be fairly fine for a 9t
To me at least

TheSamurai

TheSamurai

Shadow Rant V2 Cassette hub??? post #5
too hard imo.

X

XboxKid

Shadow Rant V2 Cassette hub??? post #6
Get 10t anyway not much difference to be honest, just bearings will last longer.

C

Connor93

Shadow Rant V2 Cassette hub??? post #7
Wait..
how many teeth is your sprocket>?
28-30 should be fairly fine for a 9t
To me at least
9-25
10-28
11-30

thats the recommended gearing, of coarse there is personal preference.

If you do get a 9t then change to 10t you'll have to change your sprocket accordingly, for the gearing to feel right.

BMXDAN

BMXDAN

Shadow Rant V2 Cassette hub??? post #8
10T puts less stress on your chain and your bearings.. you also wont hit your sprocket if your running 28/10.

personally i think you should get a 10T

OutlawsMC

OutlawsMC

Shadow Rant V2 Cassette hub??? post #9
just get a 10t. you'd have to change the whole driver as it's a 1 piece, not a 2 piece.
yea dude iknow its a 1 piece i was asking if i change the whole driver to like a 10t would it fit in the cassette lol but im go with a 10t since thats what everybody is reccomending i am going to run a 25t and a 10t cassette you think it be fast and smooth?

johnuk

johnuk

Shadow Rant V2 Cassette hub??? post #10
It will accelerate slightly quicker than 25-9 but won't reach quite as high a speed, but it's a not a monumental difference

If you're less prone to racing and prefer to stay around one place and then cruise somewhere, it'll be okay - it'll be better for building up speed quickly in short runs

If you ride miles between places on surfaces you can speed on, you might want 9t

TheSamurai

TheSamurai

Shadow Rant V2 Cassette hub??? post #11
yea dude iknow its a 1 piece i was asking if i change the whole driver to like a 10t would it fit in the cassette lol but im go with a 10t since thats what everybody is reccomending i am going to run a 25t and a 10t cassette you think it be fast and smooth?
if you got another shadow rat 2 driver, then yes you could replace it. 25/10 will give you a slower easier gear setup. slower as in top speed, easier as in it's easier to pedal lol. if that's what you like, go for it!!

J

JonMack

Shadow Rant V2 Cassette hub??? post #12
This might sound like a stupid question but as the internals are the same I assume a Shadow V2 driver would fit on the WTP Supreme hub, right?

L

Lay

Shadow Rant V2 Cassette hub??? post #13
This might sound like a stupid question but as the internals are the same I assume a Shadow V2 driver would fit on the WTP Supreme hub, right?
Never tried but i doubt it, That's why every company have the same technology but different specifications. Q-lite engagement system FTW! lol

New Topics