shadow chain help

• Discuss shadow chain help in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i need some help here, i just got a new shadow chain and......theres something wrong with it. I put it on flat side up and the curve going the right... ...
stolenrider

stolenrider

shadow chain help post #1
i need some help here,

i just got a new shadow chain and......theres something wrong with it. I put it on flat side up and the curve going the right way and everything but when i pedal hard it sounds like the links are just digging into my driver and its basically disgusting. I'm just wondering what this is...PLEASE help me make it go away it annoys me so bad. I'm not real sure if its making the noise on the driver or my sprocket. I mean even when the chain is so loose that it hits my frame it still makes this noise.

FYI: i had a kmc z something before this and it made no noise while riding. I have a shadow rant v2 if that helps at all.

K

Kirbs

shadow chain help post #2
It is because it is such a big chain. Is your driver 9t? I had one as well but it was killing my driver (I also have a Shadow Rant v2) so I got rid of it and got a chain from my LBS for 7 bux and it works a charm (it's smaller)

stolenrider

stolenrider

shadow chain help post #3
yea i have 9t, but my friends that i ride with all have it and also have 9t but...no problems. ONe of them said its the "break in process" but the others say that theirs didnt do it.

S

shrimpster

shadow chain help post #4
mine does the same thing, i think, does it sound like a cracking, snapping sorta noise when pedaling? because mine makes that noise and it really anoying :S

N

nico1528

shadow chain help post #5
check your chain line, the smaller the drive train the more straight it needs to be, especially with half links, they have less play side to side

T

tsi

shadow chain help post #6
all chains are not the same

make sure your back wheel is perfectly aligned with your driver, and sprocket

also where the gap is on the chain and teeth too (where the teeth stick out of the chain)

it will make a big difference

New Topics