setting up internet on ps3... help!

• Discuss setting up internet on ps3... help! in the Technology Corner forum in area BMX-Forum Community - more stuff; i've been trying to set up my ps3 for internet for ever, but it just won't work. it says there's a problem with my DNS #. for the primary DNS i put in... ...
Q

Quen

setting up internet on ps3... help! post #1
i've been trying to set up my ps3 for internet for ever, but it just won't work. it says there's a problem with my DNS #. for the primary DNS i put in 68.105.28.12 and 68.105.29.12 as secondary. i got the IP and everything else off my computer and they all seem to work. do i need different DSN numbers for my ps3 or something?

rep will be given of corse.

T

troy

setting up internet on ps3... help! post #2
That happened to me! Agh, I tried using a wired connection and it still happened. So I put it in a DMZ to my router, and it worked perfectly. I dunno how to explain it but it worked. To do that, you have to get to the homepage setup of the router.

Belkin: 192.168.2.1

Linksys 192.168.1.1

Just type it in the adress bar. :D

Q

Quen

setting up internet on ps3... help! post #3
That happened to me! Agh, I tried using a wired connection and it still happened. So I put it in a DMZ to my router, and it worked perfectly. I dunno how to explain it but it worked. To do that, you have to get to the homepage setup of the router.

Belkin: 192.168.2.1

Linksys 192.168.1.1

Just type it in the adress bar. :D
umm what? address bar of what? what is dmz?

CrazeD

CrazeD

setting up internet on ps3... help! post #4
DMZ is de-militarized zone. Basically it opens all ports for a specific IP. It is in the setup page of your router.

You type the router's IP into the address bar of your internet browser. First you need to figure out what it is. So (if you're on Windows) press ctrl+r, then type cmd and press enter. Then on the new box that opens type ipconfig, and look for Default Gateway. This is your router's IP.

Now type this IP into the address bar, like this: http://192.168.1.1 You will be asked for a username and password, which if you're never changed it will be the default of the router. If you can't figure out what it is, check out http://portforward.com and look for your model of router (which is usually on a sticker somewhere on it).

You most likely need to open ports for your PS3. Portforward gives a detailed guide on like every brand of router. You'll have to look up what ports to open for your PS3.

New Topics