sets

• Discuss sets in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; how hard are sets to do? i can bunny hop over a soda bottle and hop onto curbs and stuff but how hard would a set be? there's this 3 set at my school... ...
dsboy

dsboy

sets post #1
how hard are sets to do? i can bunny hop over a soda bottle and hop onto curbs and stuff but how hard would a set be?

there's this 3 set at my school i wana try but its kinda long and not to high. but i mean the worst that can happen is i land on a step and just ride off right? lol

Last edited:
SnK

SnK

sets post #2
Eh, are you wanting to bunnyhop up it? Or down it?

If you bunnyhop up it and miss and one of your wheels hits, you'll get a flat tyre straight up. And possibly a dent in your sidewall.

If you can just bunnyhop a bottle don't try it.
To get over it just get a decent speed and ride off first, then when you feel confident bunnyhop off.

dsboy

dsboy

sets post #3
i wana bunnyhop down it sorry

SnK

SnK

sets post #4
Oh right, well yeh just ride off the edge at a decent speed so you won't go down the stairs bumping but actually clear it, BTW make sure you pull your front end up haha.
Then when you get confident just pull up like you would flat. You won't hurt yourself too much down a 3 set unless you land on your face. - to be blunt.

theboss7

theboss7

sets post #5
how much room do you have to get speed?

Sharky

Sharky

sets post #6
Do it.

Just go fast, hop when you get to the top of the stairs, land.

Stairs are easy, I jump a 2 stair all the time on my way to school, while wearing a heavy bag. And I can't hop very high at all.

theboss7

theboss7

sets post #7
just haul ass and bunnyhop

dsboy

dsboy

sets post #8
umm i have alot of room but id have to come in on a diagonal.

JMcdonell

JMcdonell

sets post #9
a 3 set you can just ride off going half fast. you can do that will all sets you dont need to bunny hop to clear them just go fast.

stecolony

stecolony

sets post #10
And possibly a dent in your sidewall.
you would have to be mega unlucky...
just make sure your going fast enough. beter off going too far then too short

E

EasternFoLife

sets post #11
Il 3 off it for you if you want.

dsboy

dsboy

sets post #12
i already bent my side wall a little bit cause my tire wasn't inflated all the way due to a pinhole sized pop in the tire ;p but i cant even feel the dent while riding, only a little bit when i press the brakes. but now my tires are rock so its all good.

dsboy

dsboy

sets post #13
are like big 4 sets hard to do?

IB Street

IB Street

sets post #14
If your bunnyhopping down it, its easy. You can do a 4 set without even putting much effort into the hop. Enjoy and have fun.

dsboy

dsboy

sets post #15
thx :D

E

evilchris50

sets post #16
ya. make sure you are good at bunny hopping when your going fast then just do it

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

sets post #17
to hop down a 3-set, you barely need to hop at all. just go fast and pull up a bit. gravity and momentum will do the rest. start on a two-set and work your way up.

New Topics