Seat type related to trick help?

• Discuss Seat type related to trick help? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Is the type of seat u use either pivotal or railed and the type of cloth that it is made of make a difference of how you grip onto a seat for such... ...
K

knt102000

Seat type related to trick help? post #1
Is the type of seat u use either pivotal or railed and the type of cloth that it is made of make a difference of how you grip onto a seat for such tricks as a barspin? (need to pinch a seat)
As I am running some crappy seat now and it is some really really slipperly leather/plastic and I cant even hold it in my hand. Also it is like 2 in padding on it....

The Radness

The Radness

Seat type related to trick help? post #2
My favorite seat material has always been kevlar, super grippy and it's hard to rip

Try looking for a seat with padding that goes on the underside of the seat also, if it looks like the padding stops before the seat or you can see the plastic (primo hemorrhoid) then it's probably not going to be very comfy for pinching.

My all time fav seat is the demolition shorty, hard to find, worth it if you want a comfy, grippy, pinch friendly seat!

S

stolenwrap69

Seat type related to trick help? post #3
i like my primo balance because it has a wraparound design on it . plus it feels great on my knee's and its pretty grippy

K

knt102000

Seat type related to trick help? post #4
so seat does affect the rider?
any cheap good recremendations? and i heard kevlar was good how to get?

S

stolenwrap69

Seat type related to trick help? post #5
i wouldnt say seat affects the rider but it makes it more comfortable for knee to seat tricks

this seat is mega cumfy

K

knt102000

Seat type related to trick help? post #9
ok lol im kinda low on budget how can i "fix" me problem

J

Jake

Seat type related to trick help? post #10
You don't need to pinch the seat when doing barspins.

M

MATRIX

Seat type related to trick help? post #11
Is the type of seat u use either pivotal or railed and the type of cloth that it is made of make a difference of how you grip onto a seat for such tricks as a barspin? (need to pinch a seat)
As I am running some crappy seat now and it is some really really slipperly leather/plastic and I cant even hold it in my hand. Also it is like 2 in padding on it....
I like railed seats better due to the ability to adjust. I have a Shadow slim, and it works fine if I have to pinch my seat. But, for almost all tricks(even barspins) pinching a seat isn't 100% needed.

K

knt102000

Seat type related to trick help? post #12
i understand that pinching a seat isnt needed but ill reword the question
like what does a bmxer look for in a seat? i kno some ppl say comfort is not needed and etc.

M

MATRIX

Seat type related to trick help? post #13
i understand that pinching a seat isnt needed but ill reword the question
like what does a bmxer look for in a seat? i kno some ppl say comfort is not needed and etc.
Most newer riders run seats slammed and sit about 5min on a 3-5hr ride. So, to them comfort isn't needed. I run mine at about 3" of post, and do sit at times. I like a seat that is firm, not squeshey when you sit. Yet has enough padding so you don't feel like your riding on a brick.

Good choices of railed seats are(railed);

ODY

Shadow

WTP

FBM

To name 4 I would personaly buy. At 33, I don't ride enough with work and my daughter(single parent) for material to matter much. But, if you can get kevlar...it will last longer than most. My Shadow has a good cover that seems to work well...even though the most abuse mine takes is if I drop my bike on it(smooth most of the time, and don't throw my bike...so I don't fall much).

K

knt102000

Seat type related to trick help? post #14
what seats have kevlar? and is it expensive? is it true to prefer cloth over leather? and what seat would u recremend for me i sit alot...

New Topics