seat post + seat doesnt fit

• Discuss seat post + seat doesnt fit in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hello everyone! So heres my problem.. I just got my stock FIT FLOW STREET and Im assembling it right now... I just have one thing left and thats the... ...
S

sQVe

seat post + seat doesnt fit post #1
Hello everyone!

So heres my problem.. I just got my stock FIT FLOW STREET and Im assembling it right now... I just have one thing left and thats the seat post and seat..

The seat post doesnt seem to fit on the seats rails, eventhough I bought an complete bike and stock...

If you have any tips or help, please let me know!

Thanks..

EDIT: A closer look... the rails are spaced 3 millimeters too narrow.

Last edited:
Coldow91

Coldow91

seat post + seat doesnt fit post #2
maybe it is a defective product. send them an email

sixdegrees

sixdegrees

seat post + seat doesnt fit post #3
Pics of both reqd................... however, am I correct in assuming that you're talking baout the part on the post guts where the rails get clamped. In that the rails seem too wide apart to fit in the post guts?

If so this is not that unknown, I've had a few seats like this. There are a few ways to fix depending on how bad it is. If its out by 1/2 width of the rail thickness then just clamp the bugger down and 90% of the time it pulls the lot together.

If its more than that then get some thin rope, ie 5mm, which isn't like;y to stretch much, and make a loop. Tie it thru the rails so you have a few inchs of slack. Now get a big screw driver, pass it into/thru the loop and tighten the loop up like a garrot / tourniquet. This will pull the rails together and you can attach the post.

Best to do all of this off the bike and the put seat & post on bike as one.

O

OXtrls250

seat post + seat doesnt fit post #4
^^^^yeah, changing seats are A LOT easier with the post/seat off

S

sQVe

seat post + seat doesnt fit post #5
Thats for all the help guys... I clamped the bugger down to about 90%.. then i just sat on the seat and it pulled together.. So now it fits perfect..

Thanks for the quick replys, really helped!

New Topics