Seat Height

• Discuss Seat Height in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; How high do you guys run your seats? I see some people who have it pretty high, and others very low. Mines pretty medium, but a little high. I've been... ...
  • Tags barspin
A

afroboy360

Seat Height post #1
How high do you guys run your seats? I see some people who have it pretty high, and others very low. Mines pretty medium, but a little high. I've been practicing barspins on the ground, and I can pinch my seat very well. I think that it is too low. Do I just need practice more, or should I move the seat up. If I do move the seat up, should I adjust the actual post, or just tilt the seat back a bit? I know it's personal preference, but just tell me what you do, and give me some suggestions. Thanks.

S

sandmriderbmx

Seat Height post #2

I

infantry43RIDER

Seat Height post #3
i ride mine a little lower than that guy...actually WAY lower than that guy.

S

sandmriderbmx

Seat Height post #4
im a tall guy, i ride high

I

infantry43RIDER

Seat Height post #5
yea understandable.
i am like 5'11" almost 6' but i like to have the seat lower and out of the damn way.

S

sandmriderbmx

Seat Height post #6
im also 5 11 im just more comfratable this way

RuLe

RuLe

Seat Height post #7

E

EPMD

Seat Height post #8
just about as small as it can go.. left about an inch or 2 in space

RuLe

RuLe

Seat Height post #9
never do bar spins so why need it high :)

F

federal_rider12

Seat Height post #10
from the top of my clamp to the bottom of the guts is 4in. i got mine as low as i can go so i can be able to pinch the seat for barspins and im like 6ft-6ft 2" tall

O

oibmxpunx

Seat Height post #11
sandmriderbmx said:
i ride high
i ride high to man rock on :dance: :rock: :prost:

RuLe

RuLe

Seat Height post #12
oibmxpunx said:
sandmriderbmx said:
i ride high
i ride high to man rock on :dance: :rock: :prost:

they get in the way of doing manualls if its high. thats mostly the reason i have it low. and because i dont do barspins and i just noticed alot of bikes that have low seats look alot better to me for some reason :)

S

sandmriderbmx

Seat Height post #13
for the most part i dont do manuals, i do tricks like tabletops over stairs and x ups and stuff

ak_freebird

ak_freebird

Seat Height post #14
I ride mine to wear I think its comfy for me. I'll probably lower it a little and stuff but no need to at the moment. I need to learn barspins without using my seat, this is going to be a learning experience.

O

onethirty8fiend

Seat Height post #15
yeah mines about the same as rule's and i do a lot of barspins. i use to run it real high but i noticed the lower my seat is the easier barspins were 4 me

L

leeuw

Seat Height post #16
sandmriderbmx said:
for the most part i dont do manuals, i do tricks like tabletops over stairs and x ups and stuff
x-ups with your bars? :lol:
i ride mine like rule...

lower seats (especially dropnose seats low) and long brake cables give you and your bike a lot more style i think.

you put your saddle mostly high when you're a long way riding to school on a citybike, you don't want your bmx to be like that?

S

sandmriderbmx

Seat Height post #17
wel usally i have to ride alot to get to a good spot anyways, i dont really know why my seats high its just more comfrortablke tht way

w3zl01d

w3zl01d

Seat Height post #18
lower...

as low as you can !!
dont sit on your bike thats wrong , inplace of that do a manual or bunnyhop , you never sitting on your bike :roll:

I

infantry43RIDER

Seat Height post #19
if i get tired...i am sitting down.
but i rarely use my seat.

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Seat Height post #20
i never sit down, so my seat post is about 2 inches long from the seat post clamp. but i do adjust it if i know i am going to be doing lots of tricks where i will be grabing the seat.

New Topics